I turned the alarm off……and dozed.
Nevermind the dozing probably had to do with forgetting my bedtime meds and wondering, at 12:30am howz come I was still awake….
Whatever the cause—LATE!
And late start means I 'feel' rushed, even though I still have time in my morning.
Regardless, I'm 'off'…..trying to shuffle around the stuff I normally do in less time so I can get on the road 'on time'.
...Nevermind that I don't HAVE a scheduled time to BE in—except to be on time for whatever meeting is on my agenda for the day…..irrelevant!
...Nevermind that I don't HAVE a scheduled time to BE in—except to be on time for whatever meeting is on my agenda for the day…..irrelevant!
Don't care—In my world……..late.
Late….. even though I'm leaving the house ON TIME-- LATE!!
And then the feeling and thinking turned into a reality courtesy of my ancient "Camp Snoopy" travel cup.
Yup-- coffee down the front of me. And I do mean down.the.front.of.me. No little sip gone astray for ME by golly--, it's a 'douse the front of her cuz she didn't snap that lid on tight' kinda deal.
And the whole way to work—after another shower, after shoving the coffee soaked clothes in a tub for soaking and hoping they didn't say 'dry clean only', after putting a fresh cuppa coffee IN the travel mug AND snapping the lid down tight a few times for good measure…the whole way to work I'm telling the Big Guy I'm NOT happy with today's beginnings.
….Nevermind the WOW factor in the sunrise I got to witness…….I was there to tell Him I was NOT happy with my beginnings.
Nevermind the chipmunk was waiting on the doorstep to work when I got there, happily chewing on some seed he'd found.
Nevermind I was happily greeted by the little IT fella who's been too afraid of me to talk to me.
Nevermind someone kept the overhead lights off in the "cube farm" cuz they know I've made a game over 'how long will the lights be left off, today' going on.
Nevermind I had a brand spankin' new box of dry erase crayons with a sticky note smiley face on it anonomously left on my desk.
Nevermind I'm not a lover of chocolate….
…..I'm feeding my feeling at 6:50am with a piece of chocolate, AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!!!!!
It was Dove.
It was dark chocolate….. with caramel AND sea salt.
And it was GOOD.
And inside the wrapper…..
"..the more you praise and celebrate, the more there is to praise and celebrate…"
k…..
Nevermind.
4 comments:
HA! Great post, Mel!
"It was Dove.
It was dark chocolate….. with caramel AND sea salt."
YUMMY!
And that right there is enough to praise and celebrate about.
I LOVE me Dove dark chocolate!
X
I was breathless reading this... I wanted to shout SLOW DOWN, MEL. Thank goodness for Dove chocolate!
Oh my goodness. What are the chances of getting THAT message in your dove wrapper? Especially a (horrors!) non-chocolate lover? I think someBODY had a special message for you. ;) A friend gave me some Dove chocolates this week...and non of the wrappers said anything of any significance. I hope you held on to that wrapper? I might even frame it. Yup.
BTW....that was a horrible awful no good way to start the day. Whew! Dove to the rescue! (Hmmm..."dove" even that seems a bit coincidental.)
Mel,
This is one beautifully moving post. I'm not sure that was your intention but am thinking perhaps so. :)
I loved this...
Nevermind I had a brand spankin' new box of dry erase crayons with a sticky note smiley face on it anonomously left on my desk.
Your place of work seems a nice place to spend one's time even tho your schedule is indeed, a bit nutty. Good thing you are such a good driver. xox
Post a Comment