Wednesday, August 02, 2006

We went to the LAKE!!

It's not like it's the firstest time we've been--and it's not like it's the only lake in the vicinity...cuz it's not. But it's a nice lake! And it was a really nice day out. AND we rented a little boat to take us around the lake. :-) AND I got to be CAPTAIN!! (for about two minutes--til I got near another little boat and shrieked in panic! LOL)
We saw lots of water. (there's a surprise!)
And we saw woodyhouses! (no woodies--but that's okay cuz they were probably out eatin bugs.....that's what woodies do!)
And we saw turtles. Course, YOU can't see turtles cuz they peeked out and dove under and peeked out again. One of these days I'm gonna catch one of those creatures...LOL At LEAST on camera!
AND we saw mudcranes......at least six. NONE of which would remain posed long enough to get a decent shot, but there you have it--we at least saw them.
It was a nice jaunt around the lake.
Methinks he's glad he didn't listen to me when I suggeseted a paddle boat. LOL
We coulda made it around the lake and back in time for dinner.....Tuesday next week.....LOL

2 comments:

mig bardsley said...

What a heavenly way to spend a day :)
I love the pictures, specially the ? mudcrane? I think that's what we'd call a heron.
Beautiful :)

Mel said...

Oddly enough, that's the arguement of the Brit....he says heron, I say mudcrane. A heron is white dontchaknow--mudcranes are ... muddy lookin'. LOL

(I suspect you're both 'right'--however....I'm in denial and I like it that way! LOL)