Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tagged

I can't quite wrap my head around this 'tag you're it' on the internet. LOL I always sucked at tag. Mostly I ran off to modify the game to 'hide and seek'. I'm fighting the urge to make that happen here. LOL I doubt anyone will wonder why once they read what I'm about to write. I can feel it coming...........in my heart of hearts.....

Soooo........without further ado.... The objective is to make the statement, “Real moms ______.” The blank can comprise one word or a million. Posting a picture with the assertion is also an option.

I work with kiddos that come with multifarious family dynamics.
Some have moms in their lives.
Some don't.
Some know their moms.
Some don't.
Some are adopted.

Some come with foster families.
Some have had their moms 'rights' terminated.
Some gave up on their moms.
Some moms gave up on them......

Real moms ___________........
Real moms ___________?

I had a perception of what a 'real mom' was.
I had a perception of what a 'real mom' 'oughta do and be', in the life of a child.


They're all 'real moms'.

The ones that wanna be, that don't wanna be or can't be...or aren't 'allowed'.
They're maybe not the kinda mom that I want to be, in the life of a child.
I certainly didn't, and don't do it perfectly.
I know what I never aspired to be.....

And I know I still ended up being what I never desired to be, in the life of a child.

Real moms ___________?


Real moms love their kiddos in their heart of hearts.
No matter what it looks like to you or me.

Taking a child away doesn't move the love from their heart of hearts.
Drowning themselves in external 'stuff' doesn't move the love from their heart of hearts.
Being deficient in skills, making piss poor decisions--doesn't move that love from their heart of hearts.

They know.











I know.

4 comments:

E in Oz said...

Now that's a sentence I have no idea how to finish.

atypical said...

And this is precisely why I tagged you...

I have seen enough of the world to be able to say, "Yup, I know too."

Thank you.

-t

I, Like The View said...

you do know

:-)

mig bardsley said...

As many different kinds of mums as there are children really.
Yep. You know