Monday, December 03, 2007

Reading fairy reminder...

Sometimes I go about pitying myself, and all the time I am being carried, on great winds across the sky.--Ojibway

"Ah, poor me," we sometimes say, "I have to work so hard!" "I have so much stress!" "If only my problem with money would get better, then I could be content!" "I just don't understand him!" "Why can't my family have fewer troubles?"

This attitude of self-pity is as ancient as humanity.

Every person has problems and challenges, and life often is not fair.

Self-pity becomes a stumbling block when we get so narrowly focused upon our problems.
We forget we are a part of a whole throng of fellow journeyers on this path.
It helps to notice others beside ourselves who are seeking courage to live their lives.

Sometimes we reawaken our awareness by seeing that we are "carried on great winds across the sky."
We have many blessings; we are not alone.

Often within problems we discover our greatest blessings.



*sigh*
Ya know, I really have been 'carried on great winds across the sky'.
No way have I 'earned' what I've been graced with in this lifetime.

Besides--it's not Wednesday yet.....and everyone knows that whining happens on Wednesday! LOL

3 comments:

I, Like The View said...

thank you again

mig bardsley said...

And from me.

I, Like The View said...

it's Wednesday now - but I guess you're busy with Hanukkah!!

:-)