Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NO MORE monkeys jumpin' on the bed!

1:05 p.m. Friday her flight takes off from Iowa........bound for O'Hare then to Heathrow--final destination Bangalore, India.

Right!!!!!!

Bottled water, only....even for teeth brushing!
Close the windows--don't wanna be havin' monkeys in the hotel room......or mosquitos......

Yeah, yeah.....four star hotel=mud hut in India....you're not foolin' me.
OMG........tell me you have the number for the Embassy.......yaknow......JUST in case.....
Do NOT eat anything sold on the street--G-d only knows how long it's been there.....
Call up Information Technology for Microsoft and get yourself a crash course in understanding THEIR version of English......quick!
Bottled water only! I MEAN IT!!!!!!!
..........oh...........

And........buy a scarf to drape over your breasteses, maybe?

Yeah......that's her biggest worry. (no pun intended)
See......she's not allowed to show her knees.......nor any cleavage.
NO cleavage.
Seriously. It's disallowed.

This 'problem' is NOT my doings and even she knows that...... Rightfully, she's blamin' the dad who has a chest--not the mom who has none.....LOL
Needless to say......

Cleavage must not happen!

I did suggest shopping in the 'old ladies' department where necklines are a bit more conservative.
She thought the scarf idea was the way to go---until she checked out the weather report for India.
93°, 93°, 97 ° etc...., ect...., et al.......
And it's the end of the moonsoon weather.
Maybe she can just chronically carry an umbrella, opened......to cover that stuff that the mom doesn't possess?

She informed me that windows will be opened in that heat.


Oy brother........
Kinda explains that "......no more monkeys jumpin' on the bed......." thingy stuck in my head, huh?

LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positives! Focus on the positives!

Travel, life experiences and so forth... I mean, anyone can walk into a hospital here in the US and get a killer staff infection... there are negatives everywhere...

So, focus on the positives. C:)

Gordie said...

This is the first time I've encountered the word 'cleavage' as the subject of the verb 'to happen'.

'Cleavage Happens'. I like the sound of that.

Good name for a basketball player.

I, Like The View said...

when I went to India nearing the mosoon season, I found a drapey scarf over my head (and flat chest) quite cooling

tell her not to have ice cubes in her drinks (unless she is in some mega hotel) and to wash all fruit with her bottled water (and clean her teeth with it)

(if she does get sick, Indian GPs are excellent and you can buy most drugs straight over the counter in a corner shop)(I'd be packing Immodium in vast quantities)

she'll have a wonderful time, and she will get Dehli-Belly however well she protects herself

weirdly, I have lived in Bangalore Street since last June and will be moving out on Friday to new abode

Kathryn said...

"Cleavage must not happen!"

That is the funniest sentence I've read all week! Thank you Mel.

Mel said...

Positives---

Right.
Monkeys jumpin' on the bed will be FUN!!

Positives!
Got it!


She'll have a grand time.
And I won't have to worry about her being 'et up by the sharks?
Positive! ;-)

katherine. said...

wonderful for the girl!

I will put her on my list

(a group from my church is going in a few weeks to "chin-eye")

mig bardsley said...

Don't worry Mel, it's almost unheard of for sharks to jump through windows.
Agree with ISLTV about scarves, they keep the sun at bay, and about ice!
And mustn't she keep her upper arms covered too?
It doesn't matter how many stars as long as there's a mosquito net, and as long as she uses the anti insect stuff.

She'll be fine :)