"Obstacles can't stop you. Problems can't stop you. Most of all,other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you."
What obstacles am I focused on?
I think I'm embarassed to admit it......
I'm focused on the bitty piece of health stuff I have going on in my life. (bitty in comparison to the places I've walked)
And I'm focused on financial stuff--not of the worksite kind.....ones of the household kind. I think that's more about the Brit than it is about me. I tend to borrow troubles, wondering how he'd fare if something should happen to me.
And I'm focused on financial stuff--not of the worksite kind.....ones of the household kind. I think that's more about the Brit than it is about me. I tend to borrow troubles, wondering how he'd fare if something should happen to me.
There.
I put that in black and white---maybe I can start the process of letting that one go now.
What problems am I whining about?
Omgosh have I been whining.....
*sigh*
And whining.
AND whining.....
I'm scared that the list will be wayyyyyyyyyy long if I start to put it down here.
(maybe that's the point, eh?)
(It generally works for me to put things into black and white---I can give a look at it instead of keeping it in my head and letting it play over and over and over again......)
The whinings:
Too many responsibilities resting on my shoulders at work.
(the boss says 'delegate' and 'share'.....I say with WHO--other overloaded people?)
Too many responsibilities resting on my shoulders NOT at work.
(yeah.....I know, I know......SHARE........)
There's not enough hours in the day. (there's 24--that's all you're gonna get--accept that one!)
There's too much stuff to get done......always, always going to bed with that 'what didn't get done today that needs done tomorrow' list. (yeah, I know...LET IT GO.....)
I don't WANNA be a grown up. (tough......get over it.......)
I don't WANNA haffta do stupid medical stuff AGAIN. (do it anyway---don't gotta wanna do something to do it)
I hate to pay bills. (gee..........another required thing--do it anyway)
I can't find anyone who's free to re-shingle the roof. (price you pay for waiting til spring, silly person!.....keep lookin'.....)
I don't LIKE cellphones and I have two? (no answer to that one....LOL)
k.....I'm feeling silly now.......
Maybe that's the point of the list, eh?
5 comments:
I hear you loud and clear.
(((((mel)))))
Let's see now..
The health stuff? You know you have to do it. You don't have to like it, but you KNOW. I know you know.
Fincancial stuff? Talk about borrowing troubles! Let that one go until you need to worry about it and I don't think you will need to worry about it. So, really TRY to NOT worry about it!
(I know. easy for me to say. Well, not-so-easy really...)
As far as your whinings go, didn't it feel good to whine a bit? I whined right along with you!! Would it be SO hard to have 25, 26 hours a day? Come on. We can only hope...
Happy Mother's Day, Mel.
xoxox
Whine a bit ... then suck it up, Mel! :D You've got us to complain to ... and the rest of your life to live, eh?! BREATHE! :D
Hey, Mel...I do this same thing quite often. In fact, I just came off of a whining binge...
I'm not sure I totally agree with this saying about "Obstacles can't stop you". I think obstacles are meant to stop us. Perhaps to make us look another way.
You've had quite a bit of stuff going on lately...so you deserve to vent and whine.
Let it rip, dear Mel!
Enjoy your day!
no matter how many hours there were in a day, I suspect you'd still fill them
(perhaps take some time right out. . .
. . .and have a rest)
*ducks and runs*
I really hope the sun shines for you today
(ooooh, when I wrote "ducks" I thought of little duckies!! this side of the pond, the kittens have been named - The Teen's is an oblique reference to someone in Full Metal Jacket, go figure)(and Middle One's a character from South Park)(and Smallest Person's is called "confetti" - gotta love little girls, huh)
I've got the answer to the cellphones - throw one away :) (Or send it to be recycled or whatever)
What I love about this list is you already have nearly all the answers.
So enjoy your whine :)
Post a Comment