
The chant for the day?
"You cannot kill the staff"
Lemme try that and see how far that gets me. Cuz really......"You canNOT kill the staff".....good grief, Mel......
Yesterday Iowa went smoke free on the work site/public places.
Every work site--unless you're a cassino, of course....LOL
You'd think you were asking people to quit smoking all together.
Ummmmm.......no, smoke all ya want, good people!
Just not HERE.
Not on the grounds, not in your car with the windows rolled up.....not leaving the worksite for 15/20 minutes.....
Ummmmm.......no, smoke all ya want, good people!
Just not HERE.
Not on the grounds, not in your car with the windows rolled up.....not leaving the worksite for 15/20 minutes.....
Yep, you can take a break--but leaving the worksite isn't an option unless it's for the workplace or for an emergency.
And no.......sorry........wanting/needing a cigarette isn't meeting the criteria as an 'emergency'.
I know it's controversial.
I know it's difficult for people to stop doing what they've been doing at places they're accustomed TO doing it.
And no.......sorry........wanting/needing a cigarette isn't meeting the criteria as an 'emergency'.
I know it's controversial.
I know it's difficult for people to stop doing what they've been doing at places they're accustomed TO doing it.
I know folks have had a chunk of time to wrap their heads around all this--but I know how 'denial' works.
I also know that excusing someone from being at work so they can go feed an addiction isn't appropriate.
I certainly wouldn't excuse someone to take a 20 minute break so they could run home and drink a beer.....not happening for a cigarette either.....nor a toke, nor a snort, nor a--you get the picture.....
If people want to execute their 'right' to make that decision, they can.
Then I get to execute my 'responsibility' to enforce the policy AND the Act that got put into place as of July 1.
And nope, I won't like getting to do that...
*sigh*
I canNOT kill the staff.....
I canNOT kill the staff.....
Ohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm............
6 comments:
My sis the smoker, hated when this went into law. She was righteously pissed.She has always been one of the most polite smokers, she always took her break and went to her car and sat and smoked there, field stripped her cigarettes. Just polite about her habit. Yeah it's not good for her, but it's her choice. We grew up with smokers, I quit a long time ago. What I have always had a hard time wrapping my head around is the fact that they can't smoke in their car. I mean, they own it..The government doesn't own it..why can't they smoke there?
I think if someone told me i couldn't have coffee in a public building or in my car, I would be a little crazy too. a 8-10 hour work day with out Caffeine??
Yeah..that would be messy...
I am with sorrow. (that sounds sad...and actually sorrow makes me smile...this is weird...)
smoking in just about any public building has been prohibited in california for a loooooong time. Actually in most of the outdoor public spots too. But even we can still smoke in our own cars for crying out loud....
so they can't even take a walk and smoke across the street? I am not a smoker....but I hate government control over something that is legal.
and what if some polititian decided caffeine was bad?? and you weren't allowed to feed that addiction while at work??? Messy is an understatment.
Uh, yeah ... I don't get the whole not allowed to smoke in one's own car. That strikes me as a bit bizarre.
Really I don't get not being allowed to smoke outdoors. It's obviously not about protecting non-smokers any more. So it must be about denying people their right - to choose what they do as long as it doesn't cause harm to others.
Uh - and you're allowed to smoke in Casinos?
I really don't get that!
On the other hand, I guess they'll get used to it. People do get used to losing their freedom, bit by bit. They grumble but in the end they forget that once upon a time they could make their own choices.
I love those wavy coffee cups by the way :)
Oh and you can get used to not smoking for a few hours too. If I can, anyone can. And I did when I was at work - makes you awfully keen for the day to finish though.
Post a Comment