Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Anxious, anxious, anxious......

Figured if I put fingers to keyboard, it'd do me some good..

So with that said--

The girl shows up for her ultrasound to determine 'boy or girl' today.
For some reason, I've become extremely anxious........not a good anxious.
Dunno if I'm borrowing troubles on that one, or if it's just misguided 'feelings' about all this 'gramma' jazz.
Ummmmmm.....yeah, well.......no one's called me 'granny' TWICE.......yet.....

*sigh*
I so want good results for the girl. A healthy baby, a safe pregnancy and delivery.....cancer free would be good.
I'd be lying to say that part doesn't concern me.

I know they're keeping watch on it.
I know she's got a good oncologist.
I know her oncologist speaks with my oncologist--truly, that brings me a degree of peace.....she's got the whole picture of the family history which is a very good thing. She needs to be operating on all the information and truly, she can't count on the girl to give it to her.
I was such a sheltering mom during that time.
*sigh*

I just want for good things with this.
It could be her only chance to have a baby......to become a mom.....

Sheeeeeeeshhhhhhh.......that choked me up beyond what's comfortable......

I really do want her to have the chance to be a mom--cuz she really wants that.
But I want her to be able to be a mom for a LONG time.
Cuz I know what it's like to grow up without a mom.
k...

THERE'S the source of the anxiety.

Stay in today, Mel.
Celebrate what's true TODAY.

And today---hopefully you'll know pink or blue.
Pink.

Methinks pink........

k......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

goooo pink!

Fire Byrd said...

fingers crossed for all those good things to happen Mel.
Happy Christmas dear friend
hugs xx

Anonymous G said...

Pink, Blue.

You and the girl and the baby are in my thoughts...

May you celebrate what's true today and may it be cause for celebration for endless days to come....

xoxo

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Oh my goodness...and here I was all this time thinking The Peanut was in *YOU*.
Mel...is...a...Granny-to-be?! :O
Wishing you healthy peanut, whichever color it ends up wearing!
All the best to your family and have a safe holiday

I, Like The View said...

hugs for the wait

big ones

safe ones

Latharia said...

Breathe! Breathe! What is meant to be will be. My opportunity to have my own biological children came & went (long story), and we now have other options in our lives that make us so very happy!

katherine. said...

reading this makes it difficult for ME to breath....