Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gift wrapping 101

Yup.....it's that time of year again.

Can I just say that I whizzed off to do two meetings yesterday, made one and whizzed back (k.....that's the wrong word......more like 'make a steady Exodus') while I was suppose to be at the second meeting. Six inches of snow will do that. And it dropped two hours earlier than forecasted--so I wasn't simply 'living on the edge' by showing up for the meetings.....

And there was a whole CAR full of prezzies in the car.
Yup......happens every year!
Every year folks donate prezzies for the kiddos.....and every year I tote 'em back to the house, fill up the livingroom and wrap 'em. What wonderful people--and what a difference it makes in the lives of the kiddos.
That's 24 kiddos......six to eight prezzies each..... *sigh* I suck at math and it's too early to even pretend that I can come up with an answer that's close to correct!

I stumbled over a few with my cuppa coffee this morning.
It's a maze....LOL.....but I made it!

And there's all these 'unwrapped' prezzies.

WPIML is coming back this evening.
I'm thinkin' it'll be simple enough to hide between the bags of prezzies.......

I'm also relatively sure that wrapping them would take more energy than I have to spare.
Whatsupwiththat?! *sigh*
Soooooooooo.....for once I'll be hauling them back to the unit and letting the other grown-ups (wait....that implies that *I'm* a grown-up....ha!) wrap the prezzies.

I MIGHTA decided this before I actually unloaded the car?
But noooooooooooo.....I was battling snow on the way home (geeze were the highways a MESS), left 'em in the car while I was at work, couldn't be bothered to unload 'em when I slid into work.....and knew they couldn't stay IN the car IN the garage IN the -4 actual/-23 windchill weather last evening.

HEY!!
Maybe a prezzie wrapping party?!
k.....probably more work than I'm willing to do at this moment in time.......

Ya don't suppose WPIML would wanna help wrap prezzies tonight when he comes to have another 'chat' with me, do ya?

Nah.
Me either.

Guess that means I load 'em all back INTO the car and haul 'em back to work for someone else to do the wrapping.

Any bets on whether I can make 'em all fit into the car a second time?
OH boy.......

10 comments:

I, Like The View said...

how about that barrel thingy, where you fill a barrel with sawdust and stick the gifts in. . .

not quite the same huh?

how about getting one of the other adults to come over and collect them from your house - just turn up and take everything away?! or call a taxi and put them in that and send the guy to the office. . .
(I did that once with sandwiches for a children's party at school when I didn't have a spare ounce of energy)

call in a favour?

I'm exhausted and my bones ache just reading about your dilemma. . .

. . .does it have to be done now? can it wait a little?

or is there really no solution other than your dragging yourself back out again?

*frowns*


hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

okay, I've just reread this

I will really really shut up and keep my opinion out of it


<----- uses the wrapping tape to seal her mouth and tie up her hands and it's just about to stop her typin. . .

Fire Byrd said...

Sometimes brian cells leave bodies at this time of year in terms of making things easier for ourselves.... I mean why do that when by not thinking we can work twice as hard!!!
xx

Trixie said...

I like the idea of the gift wrapping party..byo wrapping paper and a plate of food. That way you just have to sit back and relax! (make sure it's gluten free!)

I, Like The View said...

that's a great idea!

Pamela said...

You whizzed in your car?! Good luck getting that smell out!

Unknown said...

Yes, the gift wrapping party wins with me too...might be just what you need about this time. :)

LOL, I love Pamela's comment...didn't even cross my mind...but a good whitty one.

Anonymous said...

How about a 'packing them all into the car' party?

Anonymous said...

And then you could have an unpacking party at the other end :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry - wrong button again.

katherine. said...

there is a benefit to being late to a post...reading all the comments...smile.

I wonder how this worked out????

I wonder if you will be happy with how others wrap the presents....not that you are like me in that way or anything....no..nope...