Monday, November 26, 2012

.....just resting!!!

Ohhhhhhh........There's a dead toad in the yard.

Oh no.  Not Toby.....

No......  It's probably his arch enemy.  Or a cousin that was visiting from Maryland......


Of course you have to go out and investigate.  In case......


No, he's not dead.

Well, don't touch h.........k......


Yup.  Frozen.  He's dead.


Eww.  You touched a frozen toad.  That's just wrong......Ohhhhhh...now I'm sad again.......  WAIT--maybe he's just sleeping!

No.  I think he's frozen to death.



Of course you then have to investigate on the world wide web.  Don't toads hiberate?  They DO hibernate.  Maybe he really IS just sleeping?

And of course you have to go back outside.
With the spade.


Well then--we'll bury him, shall we?

He's hibernating.  He's not really dead.  We can transplant him to the garden!  And come spring he'll wake up and go 'whoa......how'd I get here!!  musta been those really cool humans!'.  So yes--I want you to loosely bury him so he can breathe.  In the garden.  Under leaves and such.....

Bit like a Monty Python scene here......  You want me to transplant a frozen toad--he's just resting.

Yes! He's not really frozen.  They have anti freeze in their little bodies ya know!

Righhhhttt......



Of course there's a missing square piece of sod in the yard.
Of course Mr. Toad is safely tucked away in the garden.
Of course I'm hopeful come spring he'll awaken and be eternally grateful.

Of course we're like a Monty Python scene.

*laughing*
And I'm pretty sure the neighbors were watching.

9 comments:

english inukshuk said...

what if he germinates. . . and, like a little seed, sprouts a small froggy shoot. . . and you have yourself a froggy tree come the spring! that would be fun (-;

Jeff B said...

So if you get warts from touching toads and doctors freeze off warts, can you touch a frozen toad with no worries of said warts?

Mel said...

He's not dead!!!!!! No sprouting will happen.

He's just......resting.
:-/

<-- didn't touch him

I'll get back to ya if something develops on 'he who HAD to touch!!'. LOLOL

L'Adelaide said...

i am sure he is sleeping deeply to be kissed by a beautiful princess or something like that. right? question is: who is that?

xxoxoxox

barb said...

Mel,
Hoping for Mr Toad that it is just a peaceful nap.

When I lived in Hawaii, we were strictly told by our parents to never touch the toads(because their skin is toxic). They called them "Bufo" toads. But, I still would not harm one,poison or no poison...

Love to you and to your adoptee.
xo

Carol said...

Awww, hope he wakes up full of...well...whatever frogs are full of (was going to say beans but not sure that's appropriate) in the spring.

Bet the neighbours were watching and thinking 'there's our weird neighbours doing weird things again'...Chris and I are currently working on the weird status...only been in the house three months but I'm pretty sure we're getting there!

C x

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy@SoulDipper said...

About these soft hearts... Thankfully you have someone who Monty Pythons you through it, but is willing to go along with your requests.

Last night, I got on Netflix to watch Attenborough's BBC show "The Blue Planet". It was feeding my soul UNTIL...oh no...the Killer Whales are going after a baby whale.

That's enough! I shut it down. I'll finish the story myself, thank you.

(You shoulda seen me on the Soul Safari in South Africa when a very skinny and hungry lioness was hunting a wildebeest. Talk about agony! I cheered when the wildebeest ran away; then madly prayed the lioness and her young would find tons of goodness-knows-what to eat. Just not under my nose!)

Anonymous said...

I keep looking for the 2 of you on YouTube, and one of these days that neighbor is going to make my day! ~laughing~