Tuesday, November 20, 2012

QOTW






How do you get your news?





I rarely watch television and simply do NOT watch news broadcasts.  Occasionally I glance at the headlines that make the internet web page, but more times than not, I try to ignore those.  LOL  On occasion we pick up a local newspaper--but you'd have to know what makes the 'news' in a small town to appreciate it.  LOL   Ya know, it's filled with who's 4-H cow got sold to who, and who visited who's cousin six times removed in North Dakotah.  (no, I'm not kidding!  LOL)

So......I'm notsomuch a news saavy kinda gal.

I rely on he-who-is-the-wealth-of-information to keep me informed of what I 'need' to know.  I must say I think he's got splendid tastes in that department.  He shares happy news, cool news and 'MUST know' stuff cuz it's.........a must.

Every once in a while (it's rare, actually....) he starts to share something that's a bit outside of my 'need to know' realm---and I cover my ears and start to sing a happy song.
That usually corrects his error in thinking.  :-/

*laughing*  He catches on very quickly!


1 comment:

mig said...

Well I do listen sometimes but a lot of it amounts to much the same thing. There are lots of people who are not getting a fair deal out of life.
Lots more of it says the other thing. There are lots of people getting more than their fair share.
What it never tells me is what the rest of us should be doing about it!
So probably your option is the most sensible, especially as you're already doing a lot for the second group.