Saturday, May 18, 2013

Daily Reading


We have choices, more choices than we let ourselves see.

We may feel trapped in our relationships, our jobs, our life. We may feel locked into behaviors such as caretaking or controlling.

Feeling trapped is a symptom of a problem. When we hear ourselves say, I have to take care of this person . . . I have to say yes . . . I have to try to control that person . . . I have to behave this way, think this way, feel this way . . . we can know we are choosing not to see choices.

That sense of being trapped is an illusion. We are not controlled by circumstances, our past, the expectations of others, or our unhealthy expectations for ourselves. We can choose what feels right for us, without guilt. We have options.

Living life is not about behaving perfectly or according to anyone else's rules. More than anything else, living life is about knowing we have choices and giving ourselves the freedom to
choose.

3 comments:

Jude said...

Oh, touched my heart and slapped me in the face. I have forgotten lately that I have choices. Thanks Mel.

Bill said...

Excellent post. Words to live our lives by. Mel, thank you for every thing

Ron said...

" More than anything else, living life is about knowing we have choices and giving ourselves the freedom to
choose."

Amen! And also, choosing the way I perceive it.

Fantabulous reminder, Mel!

Thank you.....X