Monday, May 20, 2013

TFTD


Nothing happens to any man that he is not formed by nature to bear.
--Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Reflecting on the past reveals that indeed we do find the strength and the ability to cope with whatever experience ripples our calm. Moreover, we have come to accept that these tides of turmoil wash in new awarenesses, heightened perceptions, and measurable calm.

Tragedies are guaranteed to trigger first pain, then perceptible growth, and finally, tranquility. Over and over again we pass through these stages that are designed to nurture our fuller development as healthy human beings. Over and over we see that the tough times teach us what we're ready to learn.

We can look to the day ahead fully expecting to be strengthened enough to handle whatever we've been readied to experience. Nothing will present itself that can't be coped with.

3 comments:

Jude said...

I liked this one, especially that last sentence.

Ron said...

Fantabulous TFTD, Mel!

And I never thought of these three stages, but they're true...

"Tragedies are guaranteed to trigger first pain, then perceptible growth, and finally, tranquility.

Over and over again we pass through these stages that are designed to nurture our fuller development as healthy human beings."

And it's through these tragedies that we gain strength and perception for future tragedies.

Yup!

Thanks for sharing, dear lady!

((((( You )))))

X

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Interesting...
The pastor a week ago said that the idea of not getting more than we can bear is not true.
How many times do we hear people say, well, God must think you are strong because he never gives more than he thinks you can bear.
I agree with the pastor.
God helps us...he holds us...he even draws us up on his lap...but we often go through more than we can bear...yes? Are you not right now? It's the learning to not carry the load alone...it's his power and his strength and his love and his grace that will get us through....through the 'more than we can bear.'
Does this bring me comfort? Not really. I don't like discomfort in any form...even a wee stone in my shoe has to be removed while walking. But, who am I? Christ asked for the cup to be removed...and look at the outcome to that. Doubt that any of this is actually helpful...but just maybe...it's to not feel so alone.
p.s. I don't want to just cope...I want to be an overcomer...that's more meaningful to me.
[hugs]