Monday, August 19, 2013

*deep breath*

I think we landed at home for mealtime and bed.  And I don't think I'll complain--two state parks and a few county parks--, dam #10 on the BIG river, country roads and a stop here and there.  The scenery was awesome...
Oh, but I think it's always that way.  It's just a matter of 'when am I going to notice'.  Couldn't help  but notice this weekend.

And the apples are turning....so I'm excited and ready!

The good news is: there were plenty of adventures this weekend.  NOT that he-who-made-note needed to make note.....I'm aware there'll be limited activities in the near future.  And I'm now aware that he-who's-stressing is officially stressing.  Dunno know why he's waited so long to let me know....explains a whole lotta things, frankly.
But there ya have it--he's nervous and not feeling very confident about the upcoming surgery.

Since I can chime in with 'join the crowd', I have to look at how I shaped that one...and watered it into growing some more, no doubt.
Pretty sure I'm not where I need to be to calm some of that fear of his.
Best I work at getting my own in order and maybe his will follow suit?
One can hope.

Oh, but there were adventures--and it was good to just get in and go.  Granted we pushed the time limit in a moving vehicle......LOL  Like it matters at this point?  (well--matters in degrees of comfort, but......)
We went.
Thinking we'll go again.

Thinking the more busy we are.........the better......



5 comments:

Spadoman said...

Glad you had an adventure. Sounds like you were doing all the stuff you like to do. That's good, and you did enough of it to last you until you do it again.

Peace


He-who-is-a-Saint, is a Saint, and I anoint him thusly:

Saint Atwill Ofmel, Patron Saint of all who are nervous

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

What a perfect weekend!!! I love your adventures....just the kind to fill a heart with joy and peace...yes peace. Still praying it for you....and now it seems he needs that too. Gosh...why do they keep everything inside...whew...it's so much better when the cards are on the table to be seen.
I do hope you can take as much time as you can 'steal' to live it to the full until 'then.' Soak in God's wonders. I'm amazed how much it does for me. I think I need to go to the park 10 miles from me....after today's rain has dried up a bit. My soul needs refreshment too. I need to see something beyond the boxes! LOL!!
{{{{{Mel}}}}

Ron said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful adventurous weekend, Mel!

"Best I work at getting my own in order and maybe his will follow suit?
One can hope."

You're so right. I remember going through my mothers illness last year and being more concerned about how my brother was dealing than myself. I discovered that once I found my sense of acceptance and embrace, he did too.

"And the apples are turning....so I'm excited and ready!"

TOTALLY smiling over that!

Yipeee! Fall is coming. And do you know what that means?

HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

X

Anonymous said...

being outdoors (for me at least) helps to lift my spirits and plug in my frazzled connection to God. I feel for you both, the concern is understandable. Even though doctors made it through medical school and seem pretty darned smart, they are still human. sending my best, xo

Valerie said...

Hubs is going in hospital for surgery today.... I now know exactly how other people feel.