Doc is quite pleased with himself, dontchaknow. It was a whole . 5 1/2 hour surgery and he was able to trim back ezisting callus, make paste and glue me together witk one long plate and assorted screws. Bit of a hairline fracture was discoverred higher on the femur when he put me together, but that'll heal and help the bloodfloq to the area. We'll cross fingers and hope.
And then....I went to recovery.....for another 5 1/2 hours cuz there were issues with (holymoly NO kidding) pain management, nausea, bottoming out blood pressure and other assorted fun stuff. 12 hours later I got to my room. Thankfully the girl showed up and remained to keep he-who-was-trying-to-be-calm entertained. I'd talked him into leaving while in surgery...but notsomuch while I was in recovery cuz that's souupose to be s short stin.
Good news...no cast, but some uber-fancy brace with two times as many dials. A scar a goog 12 inches long, AND I'll get off security alarms!!
I also get to stay here a day or some.
They don't muchly like the blood pressure being so low...I tried to tell 'em meditation and relaxation will do that, but they've added it to the list of things for today just the same.
16 comments:
loving the thought of you setting off security alarms! XXX
So glad you are doing okay. What do docs know anyway. They err on the side of caution always. Sending warm, healing vibes.
Five and a half hours! Holy Cow!! I hope they knit your leg together perfectly...no crooked leg wanted. [wink] Of course they did...I just couldn't resist a little silliness. I have questions...of course. :) Was the "C" bone in the paste/glue? How long will it take to fuse the bones together?
I'm so sorry for the PAIN - ouch!!, BP issues, etc. We'll trust that it will be clear sailing from here on out. Keeping you covered in prayer. Believing for one better than ever bionic, TSA attention getting leg. ;)
Rest well...my extraordinary friend! Will be keeping you in my thoughts as I continue packing - ugh! More than half the house is in storage...still have to pack Christmas - yeah - just a few things (NOT)!! And my studio!!! Then on to the bathroom & bedroom...that will go quickly once I figure out what clothes I'm taking for who-knows-how-long in the car. I can do it!! Whirling dervish I shall be today! It all needs to be done tomorrow. Want a piano? Moving it should be interesting...looking for strong locals to do the job...or someone who wants a piano.
p.s. I had a huge pain in my leg yesterday (from doing so many packing squats the day before). I guess it was sympathy pain. ;)
(((((Mel))))
Mel, I was thinking of you yesterday; sharing LOTS Reiki with you.
((((((( You ))))))))
WOW...5 1/2 hours?!?
Well, it sounds like it was time well spent doing what needed to be done.
"I tried to tell 'em meditation and relaxation will do that..."
You're absolutely right because it will.
Please know we are all here sharing good thoughts, energy and love with you, dear lady.
Heal well...
((((((( You )))))))
X ya!
That's a long operation, no wonder your blood pressure is low. So glad it's over ok and I hope you make a quick recovery.
I set off security alarms too - non metallic buttons on your clothes and easy to remove shoes speed up the checks. And they're so grateful when you're cheerfully apologetic about it and don't have a go at them for doing their job.
warm wishes for your recovery - a permanent one this time! xoxo
Hi Mel,
My thoughts were with you and I am so happy that it went for the best. Yes; Reanimation is hard. Been there, too.
Now, you will be just chilling out and waiting for the Ok from the good Docs to let your Good Sir take you home.
Xoxox
just checking in again
been thinking about you, dearheart
(well, more than "thinking" - but, well, you know)
XXX
So happy the waiting and surgery are both over. Wishing you all the best and sending healing thoughts your way. Maybe try to follow the doc's recommendation for when you go home. I have to mention the "he who trys to stay calm" sound like a wonderful gent.
well i never thought you'd be here and sent you an email there. ah well, glad to read you made it thru and your relief is palpable, sweets. glad it all turned out good in the end and always, it's a good thing to set off alarms with no visible gear. heehee. :)
take care of you and get home soon. nobody can heal in hospital. you'll be terrorizing the neighborhood in no time. xox
*prayers* .. my kind of prayers for you, old friend
<3
OH! rest yourself! and thank you for letting us know you are OK! prayers and thanks and bunches of well wishes!~
XXX ((((((MEL))))))
Healing thoughts from me too, Mel. I'm glad the surgery is done and the healing process has started. Lots of hugs from me.
Get well soon, Mel!
Awww hon...I'm so sorry I've not been around much recently! I had no idea that you were having to have surgery...but I am very very glad that it all seems to have gone well.
Let the healing begin...at least you know that it's been fixed and will actually heal this time!
Mwah.
C x
Healing thoughts being sent your way my friend
Bill
Post a Comment