Monday, August 05, 2013

Smart like that......

I had a serious chat with you-know-who last evening.
And I helped with the math.

28+3 days in August (=31)+ 12 days in September is almost 2 weeks.
September 12 is when Halloween decorations can go up/out.

Yup--and I'll be post surgery, IN a cast with crutches........staying put cuz they want me to give this a good chance to heal.
Sooooooooo....

Put up inside Halloween lights while I'm in the brace able to put weight down---or wait until 2 weeks after surgery and supervise?

Seemed like a no brainer to me.  Dunno why you-know-who accused me of plotting an excuse to have Halloween things up mid-August..... We won't turn them ON, of course......but I'll at least need to get some ooky spooky lights up......with spidery guys.......don'tcha think? :-/

And projects while I'm down for the 6-10 weeks?
Week 7 will be Halloween.  I'm thinking I'll be stuffing treat bags.

Also thinkin' I won't be making the punkin patch.  
That thought was enough to make me tearful.........which is why I'm thinking you-know-who agreed to putting up the inside lights.
Next weekend--weekend after for sure!

:-)
Not sure what else can go up.........yet............

2 comments:

Barb said...

For most people, this does not seem necessary to count days but they have perhaps neither been sick not operated on.
I have.
I totally understand.
YES! Get the lighting hooked up, at least and your goodies in easy access.

I am rooting for you that this WON'T stop you foring up, dressing up, even waist up only.

(((((( Mel)))))

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

So, I guess that means you're not going to be available to help me with my packing at the end of the month, either. :(
As far as decorating. In my humble opinion...you should get everything up early so that you can enjoy it. You'll be needing it this year more than ever, so I'd go all out if I were you. Once "he" gets going, I bet he'll get into it. And look at all the fun you'll have that will distract you from 'D' day.
Praying...