Sunday, June 15, 2014

Taking stock ......

I puttered away my day.  A bit here, a bit there....

I planted the stray, left over plants.

I transplanted the magic powder buddleias.  Like I need another buddleia?  LOL  I gave two huge plants to a gal and, on a whim,  snagged two cuttings from the huge blue one before sending both off to their new home.  Yup--got rid of two huge ones and I'm starting two wee ones.  Three, if you count the white one from two years before that's grown well and is now ready to be in a big pot.  I held it in reserve in case one of them got killed off by me or the harsh winter.

I decorated outside for the 4th.  Two wreaths and the wee front fence later, I called it good to go.

I took a hoe to the front flower garden.
I took a hoe to the back flower garden.
I weeded the rock garden.

I mowed all by myself!  No way was I letting the-one-with-the-cracked-rib help with that one.
I cut up the branch that fell from the tree out front.  (darn hail storm.....new roof and gutters and damage galore, the trees are still trying to recover)
I trimmed the tree out back--including some on the neighbors side. I can now watch lightening bugs!
OH!  I watched lightening bugs!  :-)

And I watered plants.....sat on the patio between the putterings.....and made dinner.

Wow.....puttering adds up!

Yup......
I'm showing this list to the-one-with-the-cracked-rib!
I think I deserve an adventure!  :-/

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Sorry to hear about the cracked rib. Poor man, I bet that's painful. I can imagine how many pretty butterflies you get round all those buddleias.

L'Adelaide said...

As always, chancy bothering leaving you a comment thru this site but wanted to wish those butterfly bushes well! May you have many butterflies! I hope you've got the plants for their egg laying, like thistles... I thought they used one for both but noooooo! Haha, intentions were in the right place anyway ! Hope you have an adventure coming!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

He is so blessed to have you.... guess maybe that goes two ways. ;)
Seriously girl....you are superwoman!! What a change from last year!!

I'll be over to watch those lighting bugs with you!!