Monday, August 04, 2014

Otherwise known as "do you know where I put that one book?......"

I like it when they try to get ahead of you--it means you get to get ahead of them....which means I've dug out some books I've not delved into for a long time.

*sigh*  That's a bad thing cuz I got a tad lazy--but it's turning into a good thing cuz I'm jumping into a book that really got me thinking about my relationship with my Maker way back when.
That dying business kinda pushed the envelope on that one--go figure I'd have to be told to get my affairs in order to 'get it' and really want to get it.  I held on to that for quite some time, but I've gotten away from some of the practices which has affected (here's an obvious statement) the level of peace and serenity I have in my life.  *sigh*  Why is it I do that over and over and over again?  Why would ya WANT to?!

So...... now--cuz I said I was getting more involved in the recovery scene cuz I need to be of service somewhere--I've picked up another pigeon (who prefers 'sponsee' cuz she fails to understand the origin of 'pigeon'. and is acting offended by the term.--I handed her the dictionary and told her to look it up..sheeeshh--seems she has some of those 'fragile little alcoholic feelings'!).  I've got to go back and pull up things I've let slide.
That's a good thing.  And there's a bit of a 'push' for me to get a 'refresher'--cuz she's a smartie pants and I'll have a need to stay a step ahead.
It's a bit of a silly way to operate, truth be told....letting go of the very things you worked sooooo hard to have in your life.  *sigh*
It's okay--G-d's laughing and I'm digging up some things I really did love to do.
I really AM a dweeb for letting those things go.

So,  it's a good thing I got those wonderful, inexpensive reading glasses, cuz I had my face to the book all of yesterday.  And I put some new 'lists' in my 10th step inventory notebook.

I'm kind of excited.
I'm glad for the opportunity to work with someone new--or at least new to me.
And I'm glad for the wake-up call.
Undoubtedly the Big Guy is glad, too.
He's worked really hard to get my attention.
*sigh*



2 comments:

Ron said...

"Why is it I do that over and over and over again? Why would ya WANT to?!"

Mel, I've done the same thing. When things are going rough or when we're scared, we grab hold of the things (books and practices) that give us strength. However, after we move through them and things are going smoother, we sometimes forget those things that gave us strength and let them slide.

But as you shared, I think the Big Guys understands and waits patiently by getting our attention in subtle ways.

((((((((( You ))))))))

X

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Sometimes we just need to step back and take inventory. We're either moving forward or backwards in the relationship. The question is why would we move backwards? Why? There is so much goodness for us ahead, it just doesn't make sense. But...we do. I do.

I'm glad you have someone who needs you....she has no idea how blessed she is to be your "pigeon." ;)