Rick and Linda are exceptionally nice people. Not to mention, they're just plain fun. Ironically, they consider themselves a long distance relationship. LOL How DO we do that? They're an hour and a half apart. They're just too cute.
And it was a first for the Brit! Come to think of it, it was a first for me!! He had his first 'couple' over for dinner at the house. Up to this point, it's been the fellas coming over during the week while I'm off and running with some responsibility. I've decided he's a brave little trooper--cuz I'm a dweeb and I'm not the best socializer.
But we had a lovely time of it. They got lost and I got to talk Linda to the house by giving directions that 'only women understand' (Rick ate those words later, trust me.....LOL). I stood on the corner, waving my arms and coulda made $35 dollars as the stream of traffic slowed to ask about parking in our yard. (fair week, Rascal Flatts concert and a woman by a driveway flapping her arms will do that apparently!) But they did make it--and it was like old home week, they're such easy going folks and just plain nice.
Rick, whom I've met all of one time, came bearing a pie he'd made (that man can bake!) and presented me with a 'little something' he saw and snagged when he 'thought of me'. Now, let's remember we've met once, briefly. He does, however, get to hear a huge amount about me--apparently the Brit shares our story and tells on me on a regular basis. And Rick, being the lover of trains and the doer of kindly things--knew the Brit collected trains and I collected ONE train. The man found a place setting of NYCentral Systems 20th Century Limited china. That's no small gift--I've found bits and pieces here and there and thought the asking price was a bit spendy. A whole set?! Too kind... and flowers to boot?
They're now sold on having a train go the length of their basement wall! LOL Apparently this was in question and Rick didn't want to infringe on the entire room when Linda was to eventually share the space. She reminds me of me--insisting it would be fun and encouraging the project. She's a quilter, a sewer, a 'doer'--he's got a passion for trains. Sounds too familiar! And the Brit offered to help him get a start on the layout. Rick, who's an engineer by profession, gleefully accepted whilest the Brit made the trains go round and round.... It was just too fun.
And apparently we're to do it again. Only this time it'll be at Rick's home so it's not a four hour ordeal for Linda.
Oh my--we're becoming 'social'!! Ewwwwww.... LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment