Thursday, June 15, 2006

Kleenex and hula hoops


Okay--admittedly this is not even CLOSE to being me. I'm not in Paris, this is not my body and if it were me and I were in Paris, I'd have clothes on!
Gotta love a hula hoop, though.

Honestly--I couldn't count the number of people I made unhappy yesterday on one hand. It'd take both hands and a few toes.
I'm afraid that living with a neurotic person is starting to take a toll.

It bothered me to have that many people upset with me.

Granted, I managed to get four people upset in one full swoop without even trying!

Yes, I'm the meanie who said the kiddos couldn't have the giant "six flags" waterslide the staff purchased over the weekend! Were it not for the weather being in the 50's last weekend it would have been put up and used and I'da had to look for another answer instead of regretfully telling the staff that it would have to be returned. (trust me when I say the plan was to get that slide up and used so they could KEEP the darn thing......LOL) The slide will go back.
And yes, I'm a meanie.
That accounts for four people who scowled at me yesterday.
The kiddos were much more gracious than the grownups were...........at least they were to my face. LOL

Then there's the staff who I 'made cry'.
*sigh*
Okay, I'll go back and check to make certain they understand it's not about 'them' as a person.

Then there's the other staff that I 'made cry'.
Good grief.
I'll go back and check to make certain THEY understand it's not about 'them' as a person.

Then there's the OTHER staff that I 'made cry'.
What IS it with people?!
Yes, I'll go back and check to make sure THAT one understands it's not about 'them' as a person.

Do I even dare to mention that there's a whole team that's 'upset' with me because I challenged their planning on a kiddo because I'm banking there's another solution they just haven't come up with?
*counting*
That's eight people upset--though two of them did get with me to tell me they were trying to come up with alternatives because maybe they didn't exhaust themselves or the resources as they thought they had.

I'm counting both hands and three toes.
NOT that I oughta be counting!

I did get a reprieve from the 'upset staff' yesterday when the kiddos were playing outside (not with the waterslide, of course). Someone had to watch them while the teams were meeting and frankly, being with the kiddos felt safer! LOL

'Cept they were thinkin' they were all that and a bag of chips because they could hula hoop and they were getting great joy from telling me how their staff couldn't.
I was chided into it by a 14 year old.
It's not my fault.


*snickering*
I can hula hoop....longer than the smarty 14 year old....so nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I picked the hula hoop with the lights in it--it was way cool!
I'm thinking more hula hoops for the kiddos
.......... and more kleenex for the staff?

And possibly a sign for me that reads "what other people think of you is NONE of your business"?

3 comments:

kiki said...

yes, more hula hoops and the staff should be responsible for their own kleenex.

I, Like The View said...

I'm confused, is this the new job?

(personally, I always carry my own kleenex, it's amazing how many people one manages to upset in a day; yet when someone "makes me"* cry, strangely all I manage to find is a bunch of shrivelled snotty screwed up rags at the bottom of my bag)

*this was a revelation, when I first got to grips with this concept, I have to say!

chin up, mel!! (like you need me to add that!!!)

mig bardsley said...

*a sign that reads what other people think of you is none of your business*
Brilliant...worthy of a teeshirt surely!

If this is the new job it sounds like you're doing a bit of sweeping clean (as in new broom). Or mopping clean as
they sound like an incredibly tearful lot!
And yes definitely own kleenex and lots more hula hoops.