
Day after day I'm graced to get opportunities to make a difference in the life of a child.
I know it's a privilege, I know it's not to be taken lightly.
I know their horrors.
I know their fears.
I know the tip of their iceberg traumas, the pieces of the life they existed in that they feel safe enough to share.
I cannot lurk in the shadows and wait.
I chase the storms in them.
I ride their winds.
I celebrate their painful journeys as they arrive at the gate, entering or exiting.
Tears happen.
Joy happens.
Emptiness becomes filled.
The hole in my heart isn't a bad thing.
It leaves room for more.
8 comments:
. . .and the children are blessed too!
doesn't this put the other day's "balance and moderation" into context?
it does for me
:-)
Wow, Mel... this is pretty powerful. What a blessing, what you do with and for kids.
---------
I'm speechless
xxx
You are simply wonderful and I've given you an award, pop over when you can.
pxx
This is a beautiful post....
-t
What a blessing you are to everyone you come in contact with -- kids and adults alike!
As for the 1.3 miles, well, lets just say if I knew I was going to be running 1.3 miles before I actually ran it, I would have sat down and cried too!
You have an enormous heart, Mel! You probably won't believe this, but I was thinking JUST that when I was driving home from work today. I was thinking "Mel has an ENORMOUS heart".
You make room in your heart for all the kiddos and families you work with. You make room for all of us, your friends. SO many of us!!! And, of course, your family and your sweet Brit.
We are all blessed to know you.
xoxoxo
WOW. I don't know if I'd wanna have to ride that wind! Wowie!
~ RS ~
Post a Comment