Sunday, December 02, 2007

Oy, ick......*sigh*

Yeah.......it happens every year, this time of year.......

Only........I have no wisepersoninmylife to hand over that medallion that I 'get' to pick up.

Seriously, I never have liked picking up those darn things. If NOT picking it up was 'allowed', I'd go for that. I have this 'thing' about meetings that are all about the person picking up the medallion.......it's probably my deal cuz I've been worked to death and back to discover an ounce of humility and a meeting all about precious little ol' MEMEME seems....icky.

Feels icky.

Yeah, yeah......feelings aren't fact. Got it.

And wisepersoninmylife assures me even if *I* don't see the value in it, it lends 'hope' to those around the table.

Geeze, I make a point of talking about HOPE all the time. If picking up a round piece of metal does a better job of that, I'm gonna start talking about the sales at Barnes and Noble instead. *sigh*


I'm gonna land myself at an 'unknown to me' meeting and make some stranger hand me the darn thing so I can get it over with.

Okay.....been there, done that before and it wasn't really the 'right' thing to do. That's just me avoiding what's uncomfortable for me. Picking up the anniversary medallion has always been uncomfortable for me.

Being in the limelight when it's not my choice is uncomfortable--period.

I know......decide I wanna be in the limelight!


*sigh*

Too late....LOL.......someone(s) decided that before I did so that won't work. Has to be MY idea. LOL


Geeze, I'm such a picky little snot. LOL

MY idea. ME first. MY timeline.


GOOD news!

I work Thursday so it'll haffta be another day!

Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!

Bad news.

I'll still haffta do it.


Rawwwr.

:-/

10 comments:

RubyShooZ said...

Darling woman, Congratulatons!
This is no small thing and does indeed need to be shared - for you, for them and it doesn't have to be all about you. It's about us - what we can do together - you know, those things we couldn't do alone.

I've not picked mine up at the meetings at times and felt badly about it - I do know how you feel. I really do. It's okay though Mel because we really do this together love.

Much love, much sharing of our lives together. Thank you Mel for saying what you did here today. You really have sparked a light in my head tonight and I really do appreciate and love you for that. I needed it.

You are doing what you were and are supposed to - giving of yourself in a way that others just cannot.

I love you.

(((((((((((((Mel)))))))))))))))

RubyShooZ said...

Darling woman, Congratulatons!
This is no small thing and does indeed need to be shared - for you, for them and it doesn't have to be all about you. It's about us - what we can do together - you know, those things we couldn't do alone.

I've not picked mine up at the meetings at times and felt badly about it - I do know how you feel. I really do. It's okay though Mel because we really do this together love.

Much love, much sharing of our lives together. Thank you Mel for saying what you did here today. You really have sparked a light in my head tonight and I really do appreciate and love you for that. I needed it.

You are doing what you were and are supposed to - giving of yourself in a way that others just cannot.

I love you.

(((((((((((((Mel)))))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Damned responsibility..... turn your head for one minute, and BAM! it's sneaking up on you.

It is one of the great lessons Mel... when we discover that the thing we have been doing for our own selfish benefit turns out to be inadvertently helping scores of others too.

Remember, it's not just about booze, but about life. And, I am certain that there are newbies there who not only get support from knowing that 32 years is achievable, but that they too can one day be as confident and graceful as you are... when you choose to be. C;)

Trish said...

Congratulations! :)
I'm proud of you!

E in Oz said...

Congrats lady. Proud of you and for you. xx

Mel said...

OkayokayOKAY!

Geeze.
I'll show up.
I'm well versed at showing up.

But it won't be Thursday.
And I won't be the topic....LOL..I'll do what I do well.
I'll manipulate!
*snickering*

....k....now I feel better! I have a PLAN! LOL

Mel said...

OH.....

And rawwwwrrrrr!

:-D

Jeff B said...

I'm sneaking up on five years now and I know what you mean about the whole ickywierd feeling of recognition. I have accountability friends that always want to make a big deal of what I consider to be 'just another day'.

I've come to the point where I don't mind it as long as they remember it's God who gave me the strength and courage to succeed and not me on my own.

So I will humbly and quietly applaud you for your sharred success.

Vi said...

you deserve it my dear, it's something to be extremely proud of!

mig bardsley said...

Congratulations wonderful Mel.
You just have to put up with being a shining beacon for a few minutes right?
Oh well, you'll do what you have to.
And *rawwwr*