Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Red alert!

Yeah, yeah......I'm SUPPOSE to be at work.
Am I at work, you ask?
NO. I am NOT at work......though I'll log into the worksite's system and try to get some 'stuff' done from home--.....maybe......... *muttering*

See, last night I called it an early night (early for me is before midnight....LOL).
And I woke up this morning with the same 'there's a knife sticking me in the eye' complaint that sent me to bed early LAST evening.
Nevermind......get dressed and I was ALMOST out the door--when I decided I probably needed to brush that hair that I ran my fingers through cuz I was sure it wasn't gonna 'pass' for work!

Hmmm.....One red eye.

Oh yeah.......NOW I remember-- I had a staff member with a kiddo who had conjunctivitis, who got conjunctivitis, who gave another staff member conjuctivitis, who apparently gifted ME with the darn stuff.

New Years Day.
Yippee!! *tossing confetti*
Oy......
C'mon......I live in smalltown Iowa, forgoodnesssakes....
And let's not fail to mention that there's a 'snow and blowing snow advisory' with travel 'not advised'.

And the nearest medical facility, that's apt to be open, is where, you ask?

Ohhhhhhhh......about 45 minutes away.

Yeah, yeah....cold and windy--mostly blue skies......it's all good!

k........so I rang the hospital and the doc wouldn't advise me to wait for tomorrow. But he DID tell me going to work was a 'no-no', unless I wanted to run the risk of giving it to the kiddos and the rest of the staff...... (gee......thanks for THAT tidbit.....)
Sooooooo....yep, I got in the Jeep and went to the nearest open medical facility.
And yep.....they weren't kidding about blowing and drifting snow.....



I now have an eyeball that's been greased, a bottle of stinky, icky ACKY antibacterial handwashy stuff......AND a tube of goopy slimey gross gunk to squeeze into my eyelid four times a day.
THAT......was well worth the drive, lemmetellya! LOL

4 comments:

Vi said...

yuk, I hate getting that. Last time was a few years ago when I was very run down. got it in both eyes and couldn't bleeding see!

Jeff B said...

Between you and himself it sounds like quite a mess over there.

Sorry to hear the crud found your eye.

Unknown said...

I hate red eye.

People come to us to get treated instead of a medical doctor(usually its the contact wearers who are convinced its the contacts and not red eye. You don't want to be in the room when the doctor says they have to wear glasses for 2 weeks)...when they leave we drench the whole office in Lysol...just to be safe.

katherine. said...

only use towels ONCE

wash pillow cases after every sleep

I remember rounds of pink eye...fun times...rolling my eyes...