Tuesday, June 04, 2013

..ready set......go....

He better be pleased with how I've progressed.  The sister has offered to come thump him on the head if he's not.
But I have sagging going on--and I know that's not a good indicator.

And I have he-who-is-unwell.  I have to decide if dragging him to the appointment is feasible--and if getting myself from point A to point B is feasible without him.  *sigh*  Complicated process.

Truth is, I'm in the 'get there yourself' mode--it's a familiar method of operating--and I seem to 'go there' when I know there's 'stuff' that's going to be discussed that'll leave me with needing 'time' to piece the information together in a way that makes sense.
I'm pretty sure that I've progressed clinically--but what'll be seen in the x-rays is yet to be determined. And what's seen there will determine the course of action.
There's this thread of hope I'm holding on to, even though there's some proof of that being NOT a solid thing to hang on to.
I'm sagging.  That ain't suppose to happen--which is why the brace hasn't been removed, except for bathing purposes.

Personally, getting myself there is my preferred answer.  It give me time IF I need to organize the information they give me....which he's not quite piecing together in the same fashion that I am.  Maybe I'm being a negative Nellie?  Doubtful...more likely he's doing denial.  Definitely think I oughta do it solo.  *sigh* Only, I don't think he's going to go along with it.  At the very least, he thinks going and pushing me in the wheelchair (it's a bit of a jaunt from the parking lot TO the office of the doc) is the appropriate answer.
Heck--dunno WHAT the answer is.....DO know that I need to move it so I have time, no matter what the answer is.
*sigh*  Lovely.
I shall hope to be WRONG!
Wrong would be good!!!!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

It's called independence! I know how you feel and how himself feels. Remember that he loves you ... and then try to put yourself in his shoes. Not literally, of course, that would never do. Hope all goes well, Mel.

Ron said...

Sending LOTS of energy and good vibes your and himself's way, Mel!

(((((((( You & Himself ))))))))

Hope all went well today, dear lady!

X

Jude said...

So hope it was better news than you expected. And I understand about hisself. Hang in there. I'm rooting for you.

Carol said...

I'm reading these backwards so already know the outcome. *sighs*

Sorry you were not wrong hon.

C x

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Reading "backwards" isn't the recommended thing to do.

I am so sorry....really sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

hanging on with you...