...k....
I have handed my 2nd crutch to he-who-smiled-one-of-those-frozen-ones.
When I showed up for PT today, I happily greeted the fella who's working with me.
Why are you using 2 crutches?
Cuz you told me to use 2 in unfamiliar territory?
(this is when I got the universal "hand it over" signal)
How many times have you been here? We're not exactly "unfamiliar."
Smartie pants... He wants me to use one crutch around the house....and when I go out for my 4 block walk 'during the day'.
If it's night time, I can carry the second one like he taught me. That means you don't just lift it up and walk, poised to catch yourself if you stumble. Oooohhhhhh nnoooooooo! The crutch gets flipped sideways to your right hand so you can carry it horizontally as you use the crutch on that same side.
You're not going to fall. You're taking the second crutch in case you get too tired to return on one.
Right!!
I'm staying ON,the couch.....and I'm only gonna walk after dark with both crutches in place, poised....ready...
Or...I'll just STAY ON THE COUCH.
~~~~
Yup, did the 4 blocks with one crutch carried HIS way.
And I will not obsess over the odd movement. 30 minutes of working on the really tight stuff would explain that.
5 comments:
Hi Mel,
Here you are; you have the "green light" to leave your comfort zone...
:)
It's hard to leave it, I know.
One step at a time, you will get there.
The force is with you, girlfriend.
Barb is right, it is hard to stop doing something that works for you. BUT you have to be adventurous. Try it out and surprise yourself... oh, yes, you did and well done, you. Keep at it and you will soon feel the benefit.
You could get some skateboarding pads if it would make you feel more confident- and then go skateboarding once this is behind you.
"Yup, did the 4 blocks with one crutch carried HIS way."
*cheers*
Way to GO, Mel!!!!!!!!!
(((((((((( You )))))))))))))
Well done!
X
You can do it!! One step at a time. Oh...actually you did do it!! Four whole blocks worth! Yay Mel!!
[hugs]
Post a Comment