This is my knee. Well, it's not really MY knee--but it's what I have around my knee. And if you place a long piece up the thigh in front and another strip down the back of the thigh....You have a really funky looking leg IF anyone saw it. HA. Only one seeing that leg is me and himself-who-knows-it-intimately. LOL
I decided the physical therapist was bored and just wanted to play when she got out the box of coloured tape. I had NO clue what she was doing, but I knew I wanted some of that funky, stretchy tape of my own to draw on my leg with. LOL
I musta had a weird look on my face half way through the process cuz she asked me if it was getting painful.
JUST the opposite.....I couldn't figure out where that feeling of glass shards being pressed into my skin went to--cuz suddenly it was down to a dull roar.
And I'm talking the nerve pain that has me wanting to rip my clothes off in the early evening cuz I've managed it all day and I can't stand anything to be touching the darn left leg ANY MORE. It's pretty weird, considering bits of my leg don't feel a darn thing....and bits are confused about what they're feeling and it ain't good.
Apparently THIS funky tape is suppose to help with swelling, muscle pain and nerve pain WHILE it gives you support. AND it comes in some really wild colours. No patterns though--leastwise none with Snoopy. :-/
So my reward for a full day of work with physical therapy tossed in (and mannnn was I bushed!) -- was cool tape on my left leg! :-) She told me I could put smiley's on it and shower with it. I could even remove it if it suddenly became painful.
I have Snoopy Bandaids in the house.
WHY I never thought of putting them all over on my ouchie left leg, dunno. I must be slippin'........

5 comments:
Looks like a turkey wishbone. When you're ready, let me have a pull.
Peace
Very cool!
I wonder if you could wrap it around your head for a headache? ;)
HA! OMG...I LOVE Spadoman's comment because it DOES look like a turkey wishbone!
"JUST the opposite.....I couldn't figure out where that feeling of glass shards being pressed into my skin went to--cuz suddenly it was down to a dull roar."
That's awesome, Mel! Glad to hear the PT is helping!
((((((((((( You ))))))))))))))
X
I've heard of those support measures before. Didn't know they looked so funky though. It's a pain (literally) that you're still suffering with that leg and knee. I think ripping your clothes off could be quite therapeutic... does himself agree with that? ((pain free hug for you))
You are one tough cookie....I really don't know how you do it. Can't tell you how grateful I am that you are getting some additional relief from....of all things...tape!!!
Oh sure I know it's some fancy tape...in cool colors...but still...tape!! Still praying every day for the pain to go away.
[hugs]
Post a Comment