This is a teacup. (g'head and laugh.....) It's a teacup planter, actually. It's about a foot in diameter.We bought one today--'we' as in *I* bought one for the girl.
We hadn't gotten a chance to do what we always do for her birthday--which is purchase outdoorsy 'springy' stuff. We've been doing that for years now--plants and gardeny stuff she can play with. We started it when she was in high school and we're still at it. It's just kinda a fun thing to do.
Today we grabbed some lunch and then went to the garden shops. We looked at all sorts of 'stuff'...fell in love with too many flowery plants that are just coming out--and ended up buying this HUGE teacup planter.
Okay, so the photo isn't accurate in colours--it's pink and yellow and purple and white. It's just too cute.
And we got some gerber daisy's to go in the teacup--and in the matching pots that'll go with the teacup. And we found a yellow planter to make it all come together for an arrangement on her patio..........or wherever...seeings she informed me today that she'd be moving.
That would be 35 more miles away--- into a small town and out of the city.
She'll be moving into a house she's renting.....WITH her boyfriend.....*squirming*
We're scheduling a monthly girl's day out cuz we can.
And I'm gonna help her figure out where to put that giant teacup once the move happens.
And I'm told I'm gonna help her paint. :-/
I love the teacup planter! It's cuter than a bug's ear!!
And I do love the girl beyond recognition.
I don't know what I'm thinkin' about this sharing a house with the boyfriend thingy.
She's not 'claimed' a boyfriend since 'Fertile Ertyl' --the dude who had 12 siblings.
This fella has one brother.
See! Even in circumstances I'm not pleased about, I can see SOME good!
Yes, I know she isn't required to have MY permission!
*squirming*
Where did I leave that duct tape?
3 comments:
if I wasn't in such a rush, I'd post The Prophet on children (ever read The Prophet?)
I'll get to it later, promise
word ver: grandma-eggs-suck-teach
(or maybe grandma is not a good word to use in these circs?)(sorry)
I hope you don't mind me dropping in Mel. I did it before and I hope you didn't mind then! :)
You have to know that you've done the best by the girl. Be strong about the boyfriend thing. Make sure you leave the communication lines open and she will be fine. Feeling like she is loved is the most important, right? Anyhow, there's going to do plenty of things you aren't going to like so much but she sounds like she's got a solid head on her shoulder (how could she not with YOU as her mum?). Great planter! :)
hugs,
a
Iltv---I'm a fan of Gibran and I know what you speak of. Knowing and living are two different things, eh?
And A--you're welcome anytime, all the time.
*hugs*
Post a Comment