Wanna hear G-d laugh--tell Him your plans.G-d's got a funny sense of humour, I tell ya.....working with folks like me, I think it's required.
And then there's the folks that He sets ME up to be working with.
*shaking head*
It's like becoming a parent to teenagers--when you finally 'get' your parents warning of "wait til you have children of your own!".
Very funny, Big Fella....
I was a 'difficult' person to manage when I was sobering up.
(please note that I've become MUCH more willing and easy to work with....LOL..but don't ask wisepersoninmylife if that's TRUE...........LOL)
I pulled a whole lot of crap trying to get rid of the oldfart wisepersoninmylife who was put 'in charge' of me.
I was hard pressed to follow directions to begin with......frankly, I still colour outside the lines and run with scissors.
I find some sense of pride in remaining 'difficult'.....I like living outside that box--there's no doubt about it.
So I got asked to be the speaker at a meeting--speaking at some professional do-dah makes me anxious, but speaking to a bunch of drunks is just another meeting. LOL I'm not there to impress anyone with my infinite wisdom and knowledge, I'm there to remind myself what it was like, what happened and what it's like now. Heaven help me if I ever forget what it was like, ya know?!
Apparently I'm an 'entertaining' speaker.......I pulled some bonehead stunts when I was out practicing for drunk of the year. I'm also an 'effective' speaker cuz I say what's true about the price others around me paid for my 'good times'. I can still get a tad emotional when I'm taking about the lives I affected. There was a huge price others paid for loving me.
Do I remember what I talked?
Nope. LOL
I rarely do.
I ask G-d help me bring the message to those who are still suffering--and away I go. Oddly enough I almost always remember the last five minutes of the talk. It's like there's some internal alert system that's letting me know my hour is up. LOL
And I walked away with a new person to work with....two in fact.
I hear tell they're JUST like me.
Oppositional, mouthy and belligerant.....'difficult to work with'. Or so I'm told by folks who've tried to work with 'em. LOL A couple of them tried to 'warn me' before I said "I'd be honoured!"
But I'm not the average, run of the mill 'sponsoring' type of person.
I DO like a challenge.
Folks really DO a HECK of a lot of work when they show up to do the deal with me.
And I've been known to kick in a door or two when it comes time to pick up a pigeon who's suppose to be going to a meeting with me. Cuz I know it's about people's LIVES.
Oh LORD do I know how expensive doors are to replace......
LOLOL
All in all--it was and IS a small price to pay for having a life.....
1 comment:
awesome, just truly awesome. You are here for a reason in this season of people's lives.
Thank You
Look out, God is going to Bless You in such a wonderful way.
got a huge smile on face here :)))
Post a Comment