Monday, October 16, 2006

Small town practices


Go figure I have acute bronchitus and sinusitus. *shrugs* That means some serious meds and a bottle of wicked cough syrup. Oddly enough, it didn't mean a couple shots in the rearend--which has been the solution for eons.

NOT that I'm complaining--I'll take the oral medications, thanks.

I got to see a different doctor than usual--she asked me if I wanted to see the physician I normally see. "Is he here?" "No."
Okayyyyyyyy then! LOL

She asked if I'd gone to work today.
"Yup--they were chasing me around with clorox wipes for a good six hours."

She suggested I stay home tomorrow--get a good 24 hours in with the antibiotics.
She didn't even feel it was necessary to listen to my chest. Dunno why she would, I was coughing like a lunatic the entire time.
But she did let me keep my glass.....errrrrr....specimen cup of water during the 'exam'.
You did read that correctly.
The nurse gave it to me---wasn't that kindly?
Apparently they don't have dixie cups? LOL

The pharmacist was absolutely professional, lemme assure you.
"Chase that cough syrup and codine down with a glass of water--or whiskey.....whichever your prefer." AND he winked at me.

*shaking head and chuckling*

Gotta love smalltown mentalities, eh?
But I'm a tad upset.....I didn't get to keep the drinking glass specimen cup and I'd already started to make grand plans for it. LOLOLOL

3 comments:

Anonymous G said...

please, Please, PLEASE take care of you. My daughter started out like this a few weeks ago and ended up with pneumonia. Not that YOU'RE going to get pneumonia, 'cause you WON'T. But, puh-LEASE take good care.

promise?

(((Mel)))

xo

starbender said...

It's going around mel. I have 7 people in my house, and we have all had it.
boo-hoo! The funny thing is, it comes and goes. One day your sick, then you feel great (well, sorta) then you feel sick again-Augh!-Make it stop already.

The whole trick 2 avoiding a pneumonia-
Cough that crap up, and spit it out.
That way it doesn't lodge in your lungs.
Hope U feel better hon!

: }

grrltraveler said...

ugh, that cough syrup with codeine is brutal. i know the point is to get some sleep but really.... comatose isn't exactly considered 'sleep'... lol

now maybe your doc knows that without the drug, you won't stay in bed?! that's what i'm thinking....

take care of yourself,
a