Saturday, June 16, 2007

The British Invasion

*groaning*

If I had the energy, I'd go snap a photo of the utterly white porch we now have in the front of the house.
Six hours of non-stop painting cuz I can be anal like that.

*checking for blisters*
But it's mostly done. Just a touch-up here and there.
I told himself he could pick out a front door matt. LOL He's feeling privileged, I'm sure.

I will own that I'm still pouting about that new porch that went by the wayside cuz we HAD to be 'practical'.
*rolling eyes*

Nevermind. Porch is done and I can put the flowers back on sometime tomorrow, methinks.
AND I can put the sparkley thingies in the planters for the 4th of July.
We might have one or two (dozen) people showing for the parade.

OH......and himself's girl, K., is coming on the 8th to stay for a few weeks.
He was excited until last evening... when he opted to panic.

The flurry of "whatever shall I do to entertain her" started and he's been compiling a list ever since.
I suggested "suntea on the patio" and "watching the corn grow".
I checked the list just a bit ago and neither of them were on there.
And I even told him she could have a pinwheel straw!
:-\

I know he's a bit stressed but GEEZE!!

He rang her this morning and had a 'chat' with her.

"I told K. she could NOT bring marijuana into this country--"
ROFL
Well, gee dad.......dontcha think that's a no brainer?
"AND I told her 'K........you may NOT smoke marijuana in this house'."
(Honest, I tried to keep a straight face...)
Very good, dad!
"AND I told her no marijuana pipes in the luggage either! They have dogs who sniff for things like that you know!"
Yeah....they do.....but did you tell her not to stick it in her purse. I mean, everyone knows that's where you carry your favorite pot pipe!

(I couldn't help it. G-d will just have to forgive me for that one........)

"Bloody hell...........I'll ring her when I come home from work."
ROFLMAO
He's too freakin' easy!

3 comments:

Latharia said...

ROFLMAO! I can just see the police strolling up to the pristine white porch now...

caro said...

Mel, I would love to be a fly on the wall of your house just for one day. I really would. I mean, that is, if you don't kill flies....

Happy Father's Day to the Brit ;-)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of British invasions............I love 'em. A Brit sister that's a sister. Her name is Karen Louise....and I can't stop listening to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7NoE34xhqY