Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dear Big Guy.......

Can I whine about 'end of the fiscal year, budget, numbers, spreadsheets and all that jazz' for a moment please'?
*checking to see if doing just THAT much was 'enough'*

Nope. LOL (don't get grumpy--YOU made me this way, afterall)

Look, I'm not one for numbers. (YOU know this--I paid someone darn good money to do my math assignments when I was in college and confessed this one was wrong) And I'm not particularly good at even the basics of math. (this is why I have one of those 'bigger pads, less functions than the scientific calculators' calculator at the desk at work--and no it's not MY desk cuz we've talked about what that 'MY desk' stuff symbolizes and I'm still doing denial, thanksverymuch......when I'M ready, I'll deal...k?)
Now, back to the numbers 'stuff'.

And June.
You know...........the month that the 'end of the fiscal year, budget, numbers, spreadsheets and all that jazz' happens in. JUNE. And this IS June..........

Did you, by chance, notice that June has 30 days in it?
That's one less than 31 and two less than I could USE to get all this 'end of the fiscal year, budget, numbers, spreadsheets and all that jazz' DONE.
IT'S NOT DONE!!

Is it due, You ask?

On Friday.......the 29th. (betcha knew all that, huh?)

I mean, FEBRUARY is all screwed up as is.
What would it have hurt to screw up June, too?


NEXT year--could you consider letting us rob a few days from February so we can tack 'em on to June, please?
Let some genius have that idea fly, wouldya?
That'd be ever so helpful.

Thank you for Your consideration.

Oh! And thanks for that 'moment' with the boss yesterday, too.
I laughed buckets when he realized he was grumbling at the wrong person about that occupancy report he 'didn't get'.
That good sense of humour You gave me tossed him for enough of a curve that it gave me JUST enough time to ring the 'guilty party' so she could get her bases covered and avoid the grumblings herself.
You musta known how crappy her day was going, huh?
THAT one was pretty cool......

(but let's not forget about the February/June suggestion..k?)

Amen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you paid someone to do your math in college, why not pay someone to do the 'end of the fiscal year, budget, numbers, spreadsheets and all that jazz'?

Vi said...

Bit useless trivia for you, bloody fiscal in the UK is the 4th April!

katherine. said...

FIRST YEAR IN THE PAST FIVE I haven't had to be part of a June year end. PRAISE GOD!

By the way...you created a monster

I hereby present you with….

the rockin’ boy blogger award

grrltraveler said...

I would just like to say that if he gave you a few more days in the month, would you be any closer to be finished? :))

hope you get it done!
hugs,
a

Mel said...

Hmmmm....not a bad concept, Mr. A.
But my math grade was my gamble.

All this 'end of the fiscal year, budget, numbers, spreadsheets and all that jazz' isn't about making a grade--it affects a bunch of folk's lives.

If it were just about MEMEME-- LOL

I don't even balance my checkbook. LOL

Mel said...

APRIL 4th?!!

Ack!

.....k.....I'll work on that gratitude that I get until Friday!

;-)

Mel said...

Hey Katherine!!

WAY cool!!
MORE to read.....woohoooo!!!!