Sunday, June 17, 2007

Q(s)OTW

"It's not enough to be busy. The question is, what are we
busy about?" -- Henry David Thoreau, author
What am I busy about?
It is important enough to be so busy?
Is there something else more important?


Well, yesterday it was finishing the porch.
It looks GREAT.
And I put the flowerboxes back on today with the sparkley thingies in 'em for the 4th!
And........promptly noted the scraggley flower garden.
Mr. Bunny likes some of the plants (so much he's eaten the leaves and left the stickey outty bits), thanksverymuch Mr. Bunny!
And the other flowers--weren't flowering.
So.....I dug up the semi-live plants and transplanted them to the backyard. I pulled up all the rocks, filled up the bed with four big bags of potting soil (note to self: next time do this when the Brit's home cuz those bags are heavy!), churned it all up, evened it all up.......and planted new plants--ones that actually have flowers and aren't in Mr. Bunny's diet!
And of course, toted some new bags of rocks out and put 'em around the garden. (YES..I know they're heavier than the dirt!)
Four hours later......LOL.........pretty garden! (please keep in mind it was 93 degrees out there today....*whew*

Nah. It wasn't 'important enough' to be THAT busy. Heck, truth be told, if the phone had rung and someone was in need--it woulda been left for another day. Today's 'doings' followed by yesterday's 'doings'........I'm sure I'll sleep really, really good.
With the heating pad on my back, of course.
*smacking self on the head* Dumb, dumb, dumb!
*shrugs* That which doesn't kill us requires a heating pad? LOL


Is there something else MORE important?
Well, hello?! Loads of things are more important.
Some of the things I did today were more important than that project.
Like the meeting, talking with wisepersoninmylife, meeting with a pigeon, helping someone who needed a moment of someone's time----and eating fresh strawberries and cream!

:-)
Hmmmmmmm.....SECONDS on strawberries and cream would be important, too!

3 comments:

Vi said...

*Waves hand in air*

I'll have some of those strawberries and cream please!

katherine. said...

I know at first this sounds kinda gross....but it is truly one of my faves....take your strawberry....dip it in sour cream...dip it in brown sugar...consume.

oh my.

I, Like The View said...

squeeze over lime juice, then grate black pepper on top. . .

YUM!

I'm exhausted from just reading your post. . . sounds as if it's all going to be wonderful

that Mr Bunny, gotta love 'im, eh!