Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sheeeeeeeeshhhhhhhh!

I'm NOT answering the phone any more tonight!

The girl managed to put a hairline fracture in the heel of her foot.

How, you ask?

Try by stepping on the ornamental ironworks of a coffee table.
Yes, indeed.
I will stake no claim for the klutz factor in that child's life. NOT my genetics!


And that sister that I just got done visiting in California?
She's in ICU following a rapid growing infection that spiked her temp and bottomed out her blood pressure.
*sigh*
Doesn't help that she was diagnosed with diabetes six months ago.


It's all good though. Really.
The sis has an awesome set of physicians working with her and her hubby is a peach and a half.

And the girl?
She was smart enough to get OFF the crutches and opted for a wheelchair for the next three weeks while she stays off the foot. Oh THANK you for making her smart enough for that decision.


"I'm not dumb, mom. I couldn't walk on TWO GOOD FEET and get it right. One foot and two little toothpicks under my armpits to hold me upright seemed like a really baddddd plan."

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Just saying hi and welcome back!

Sounds like vacation was relaxing, and it's back to the regular, go, go, go for you!!

Congrats on the new digs... and even better, on the new toys!!!

atypical said...

one foot and two toothpicks.....yeah, I'll have to remember that one the next time my personal klutz factor comes into play.

Praying for your sis as well.

-t

p.S. Glad you're back, and even gladder that you had such a restful time.

atypical said...

P.P.S. I've given you an award (since I know how comfortable you are with accepting compliments). ;)

-t

Latharia said...

The girl's got a point -- love the parting quote!

katherine. said...

um...I hate to bring this up...but don't these kinda things happen in threes?


just kidding...

caro said...

Oh geeze, praying for both of them to get better ASAP! *hugshugs*

Fire Byrd said...

sensible girl! will go far with that logic.
and gets to play in a wheelchair.... guess she'll have to look out though, cause once you find out how much fun they are... well you and toys!
pxx

RubyShooZ said...

Best wishes to your sister Mel, keep us informed, okay?

Peace and love today Ms.Creative lady you. :)

Anonymous G said...

I've never met her, but I just KNOW I'd love her! Smart girl you have there, Mel.

Welcome Home! Sounds like a wonderful trip. A great adventure and so good to spend time with your sis. Wishing her a swift recovery!

My daughter and her friends were picking out Halloween costumes this weekend. I thought, "alREADY? Mel must be tingling from head to toe!!"

hugs......

I, Like The View said...

have a good weekend Ms Mel!

:-)

Mel said...

Awwwww.....thank you, Atypical.
*blushing*
Sorta kinda noticed that I SUCK at compliments, huh? LOL

((((((((ILTV)))))))))
And a very happy weekend to you, dearheart!

Threes, katherine? Uh oh....LOL Ah well, makes it easier to keep track of what I'm prayin' about, right? ;-)

And thanks for the good thoughts for the girl and the sis.
No worries, I won't shove the girl from the chair to go for a ride in the wheelchair.
I'll wait til she needs to use the bathroom and THEN snag it. LOL