Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Excuse me while I whine.....

*not laughing--definitely NOT laughing*

Right!

So, responsible person that I am--even when I don't WANNA be--drove this morning to go to a clinical meeting.
No biggie--Tuesday's are clinical meetings.
Figured I'd tough out the storm they were forecasting cuz the RESPONSIBLE thing to do would be to shut up and show up and just pull up my big girl panties and get on with it.....even if I didn't wanna.

Meeting ended at two--the appointment was for three......and as I'm getting out the door, walking out INTO the snow to get to the appointment......the nurse rings to let me know the doc has cancelled the afternoon appointments.

Right.
I get to call tomorrow to reschedule.......again......
'Course, I'm smart enough to know the predicted, overnight foot of snow=no WAY will I make an appointment tomorrow. *sigh*
Snow forecasted for Thursday AGAIN.....and Friday--I have a whole host of stuff I have to attend to (LORD knows what the weather'll be doing Friday...haven't even bothered to look......*sigh*)

It really would be funny, were I not already doing the "I don't WANNA be responsible" tantrum.
It's not funny.

Cuz really--I don't wanna be responsible.
I get to be responsible for a lot today--the staff who work for me, the program I run, the kiddos and families--the court and the probation officers who look to me for answers and help......and that's just the WORK part of my life.
Toss on the several people that I sponsor, himself who's incapacitated and 'suffering' as he heals from the shoulder operation, the financial responsibilities, the emotional responsibilities, the physical responsibilities....the list goes on and on and on..... GIMME A BREAK already!

I don't have time to be sick.
I don't have the energy to be sick.
I don't have the time OR energy to do what I need to do on top of doing what I haffta do to get all this added 'ishy stuff' in order.
I have too much stuff to attend to and too many responsibilities AS IS.

(yes, I'm whining....and g'head and ask what I'll willingly give up so I'm less 'overloaded'....and I'd whine about 'give 'em up to WHO?'.....I am my own worst enemy. I swear.....)

k........
Yep. Definitely whining.
Definitely feeling like it's on the edge of 'meltdown'--that stop the world, I'm gonna be a puddle of ICK for a few minutes material.
A few minutes, mind you.
I have too many things I'm responsible for to give myself the luxury of more than a few minutes!

*sigh*

Yep.
WHINING!!

(and grumbling, too, dangit!)

9 comments:

I, Like The View said...

whining and grumbling

the threadbare section of life's rick tapestry, sometimes

or perhaps it's the part that shows us what is really important - the warp and the weft, rather than the intricate pattern all the rest makes up

if you're not well, how are you gonna look after all those other folks who won't be able to look after you if you are not well

go on, smack me

*OUCH*!!


Oyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, so that was a little harder than I meant, but I probably deserved it (for saying the obvious!)

*sending peacefilled thoughts* for the threabare moments, cos it worked when you sent me yours for mine

X

I, Like The View said...

rick? who's he? I meant RICH, of course

d'oh

(I'm blaming the new laptop - because I can!)

I, Like The View said...

(actually, there are a million typos now I come to re-read it - stoooopid laptop)

Enigma said...

Sometimes we just need to let go...we often just need a break, maybe be responsable only for the things that you absolutly have you have to be.
Dont get overloaded petal

Vi said...

You DESERVE to have a whine with all that responsiblity. I agree with enigma, maybe you can 'pass on' some of this, so you can focus on yourself, 'cause, you need to be well, to help everybody else out. YOU come first!

Kathryn said...

(((((Mel)))))

mig bardsley said...

Oh goodness, that's a tiny little whine considering how much stuff is getting your way! Why not have a great big bellow!
I'm sending you hugs and wishes for moments of peace.
xxx

Anonymous G said...

Wow! Good for you, mel. That's a mighty wine, bordering on melt down.

Hope you feel a bit less stressed now.

(((((mel))))

katherine. said...

hmmmmm.....catchin' up