Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Troubles of my own making

Be truthful, do what you know is right, put forth effort when it is called for, persist.....

Boy......sounds simple, huh?
Sounds RIGHT...sounds simple..... And oh, so difficult to do. I know that.
Obviously, there are times when I'm better at it....and times when I suck at it.
This would be one of those 'sucking at it' times.

Be truthful, do what you know is right, put forth effort when it is called for...persist......

I got a call from the oncologist's office and they want to see me, today....apparently they're not particularly concerned that I'll be having to miss work and all the scheduled meetings I have today to do that. Fine.

Be truthful.
Do what you know is RIGHT.
Put forth the effort when it is called for.

Suit up, show up......tell the truth.
k....

And don't borrow troubles.

And don't create more by lying again.

That would mean stepping out of the lies I've already told, to tell the truth NOW.
*sigh*
I am the creator of my own troubles.
Leastwise THIS trouble is of my own making....
When I don't USE what I know works......I'm 'doing it' to myself.
Plain and simple.

k.....I'll go but it's gonna be a longggggg ride over there.
Ya don't suppose I could leave my brain at home, do ya?



Dangitall.....

9 comments:

Vi said...

I leave my brain at home all the time.

Helps things not sinking in properly!

Good luck baby x

Anonymous said...

i'm still thinking good thoughts for you and i have my fingers crossed for good luck.

atypical said...

So, do you suppose if we were actually hanging out we would enable each other to skip out on the doing or encourage each other to do what is right? I know from the safety of the computer keyboard it is MUCH easier to say, "You can do it!"

By the way, I wasn't so fond of your fairies. I much prefer giving up. ;)

-t

Enigma said...

(((((Mel)))))), good luck,my thoughts are with you, and you are not creating troubles, you are just trying to deal with the troubles you already have ,(which ou DIDNT create, BTW)the best way you can at the moment...which is all we can ever do...and that is enough. Dont blame yourself for the way you are dealing with it..that puts burdon on top of burdon.

Anonymous G said...

((((mel))))

oh, mel....

I'm so glad you're going. If they want to see you, then you want to see them too!!!

(((((((((mel))))))))))

sending thoughts of good things for you...prayers and good wishes and peace.

((((mel))))

be good and true to yourself like you are to all your loved ones. listen to your own advice, my friend. take good care.

much love
g

xo

Kathryn said...

(((((Mel)))))

Thinking of you.

Dash x

Sorrow said...

Thats a loooong trip to make with out the brain, but i know a few who seem to function with out theres, so it's worth a shot.
Best of luck, and may the road be smooth and the news good.

mig bardsley said...

Oh Mel! I'm thinking of you. (((((Mel))))
and xxx
and don't worry about the brain, it'll tag along by itself.
((((((((Mel))))))))

katherine. said...

take the brain.
leave the canolli.

*rolling my eyes*