Friday, February 22, 2008

Roll 'em!

I got a gentle reminder this morning when I went hopping around during morning coffee.
(yep......visiting fine folks with a cuppa coffee in hand---'have coffee, will travel'!)

I placed a camera in the hallway at the worksite, onceuponatime.
Wanna see a bunch of professional people freak out? LOL It was rather entertaining, actually.
People were suddenly a bit spooked about doing their job.
The kiddos were much more 'okay' with it than the adults were!
But the kiddos weren't gonna be critiqued....and they knew that.
The staff were concerned they were gonna be......and all I was asking was that they critiqued themselves.
HUGE undertakin'--and we're 'professionals'. LOL

I frequently tell people 'the camera's rollin'....' in hopes of reminding the professional teams that there are 25 sets of eyes watching them.
It's simple.....don't say and not do cuz you won't have any credibility with those kiddos and they NEED credible people in their lives. They've had enough of the 'do as I say, not as I do' instructions...they need movers and shakers and people who deliver the goods.
They need people who truly want more for them, who believe in their greatness.

Interesting results came from that six hours with a camera in the hall.
Much more than I'd hoped for, I might add......but I shouldn't have been surprised, I work with a bunch of amazing people.

The cameras rollin' folks......

7 comments:

Dave said...

*Puts eye-patch on both eyes, so you can't see him*

Sorrow said...

If you pull out a camera most folks will ham it up, the little dears! It's good to be amazed once in a while!

Latharia said...

LOL....too funny!!!

katherine. said...

I don't worry so much about the cameras....(I don't care so much what most people think....)it's knowin' that the Big Guy is watchin' that keeps me in line....smile.

A Simple Statement said...

I love it..
we actually do have cameras all the time,but these "professionals" don't seem to care.
wanna trade for a little while ;~)

Mel said...

Dave.....come back here and tell me what the doc said.....
(obviously the two patch theory didn't work?)

*waiting impatiently*

mig bardsley said...

Oh creative critique. Such a clever idea :)
We can all do with an occasional reminder when we're on view:)