Saturday, February 02, 2008

Todays visit--cancelled......

Well, pfooey.......*sigh*

Wisepersoninmylife was gonna come visit today--snow's preventing the journey.
That's good....cuz he doesn't need to be driving in all this.....gunk.
That's bad cuz we probably needed to be having a candid conversation about 'stuff'.
k......that's not a 'probably'....

It's not all bad--I can ring him and have a chat with distance between us meanin' I don't get whapped on the head for thinkin' too much!
He'll be asking G-d to remove my brain again--I can just feel it comin'.


*sigh*
Snow.
Again.

*going to dig out the quilt to work on*
"Idle hands" and all that jazz.....

10 comments:

mig bardsley said...

Aaaw! Shame. Another time?
Well at least the quilt moves forwards.
(((((Mel)))))

I, Like The View said...

oh, I love quilts. . .

used to make them for babies. . .

have one from my Nana (grandma) from pre-war days

:-)

glad you get to talk anyhow

X

Anonymous said...

Aww Hun!
~hugs~
Just wasn't meant to be today eh?
Still,think of ALL that industrious work you can be doing instead ;)

Anonymous G said...

So, you can have that phone conversation WHILE you're quilting!

But, DO have that conversation. It'll reallllly do you some good --and like you said, he can't get you with his bonking stick over the phone!

(((((mel)))))

enjoy the beauty of the snow...

Kathryn said...

I have two quilts that my mother made for me. One that's over 20 years old and covers the table that I work at in the evenings. The other she made about 5 years ago and acts as an extra blanket on cold nights. She also made one for my brother which is nicknamed 'the blanket of ultimate cuddliness'.

Enigma said...

I used to crochet whilst at work.....

Ron said...

The most I've EVER made...was pot holders!!

Remember making those???

(Cub Scouts)

Oh...and latch-hook rugs. I started 5 of them and they're all half finished.

(I wonder where I put those???)

You're getting MORE snow??? I've been out all morning and afternoon. It's been unusually warm (low 50's), sunny and clear.

Enjoy your evening, Mel!!

katherine. said...

quilts are major in my family...

sewing is a really good time for reflection....just don't stab your finger with the needle and bleed all over the fabric....I've done that once or twice...

Mel said...

*nodding*

Bleeding on quilts---disallowed!

(doesn't stop me from drawing blood, though! LOL)

And I'm lookin' forward to talking with wisepersoninmylife today...him there, me here seems like a REALLY, REALLY good plan! LOL
Maybe I'll ring him right about Superbowl time?
*evil laugh*

I, Like The View said...

hope you got to chat

:-)