Friday, April 16, 2010

Housesitting 101

I'm house sitting for the neighbor dontchaknow.
I'm a good little house sitter--I promised to steal his asparagus AND take care of the outdoor plants.

Soooo.....I'm watering his lone dandelion. Poor lonely dandelion....

And I'm encouraging my flowers to grow forth and populate.
Oh noooo no no--that's not my patch of violets.
That's his.
They grow around the asparagus I'll be responsibly stealing.

MY violets are purple.
HIS violets are contained in one bitty spot. Stifled. Imprisoned. Poor things...
Fancy spraying, flower killin' fella comes monthly to the neighbor's house, dontchaknow.

There's something very sad about the imprisoned violets and I feel it's my neighborly duty to do something about it......

Yup.
I'm gonna free some violets.
I have a spade and I'm not afraid to use it!

9 comments:

mig said...

Mel your neighbour is one lucky fellow! When he gets back he'll have one wonderful wild free garden : )
And no asparagus? Well that's a small price to pay : )

Spadoman said...

I'll have to take a look ay my yard today and see if there is amything that Mel would steal:-)

Have a peaceful day Mel

Unknown said...

LOL...watch out woman with spade...no one's violets are safe...have fun Mel.

Vi said...

well ya gotta get paid some way for house sitting and gardening, so aparagus is good for that!

Latharia said...

LOL ... some housesitter you are, stealing plants! ;) I saw some PINK violets at the nursery yesterday ... very cool!

ashley said...

Is stolen asparagus tastier than asparagus squires by mire conventional mean? ;)

I, Like The View said...

"free the violets"

I'm chanting it from over here - can you hear me!

(-:

Ron said...

"Yup.
I'm gonna free some violets.
I have a spade and I'm not afraid to use it!"

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA....you are so CUTE, dear lady!

Hope you FREED those beautiful violets.

And responsibly stole some asparagus too!

HA!

X

Lia said...

So now you are the "violet liberation front" well done you.

I like flowers to ramble and have free range.

Did you know you can cook and eat dandelion flowers!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, I am about to do a post about unusual foods and this is one of them.

much love
Lia
xx