
Do you trust people?
Yup. I do.
I trust they're doing the best they can at that given moment in time.
I don't have to like it or approve....or judge it as 'good' or 'bad'. But I really do trust folks are doing their best under whatever their circumstances are.
Now--given that, I'm not stupid.
People have agendas......as do I.
There's a purpose to what we do--every time, conscious or unconscious....we're purposeful creatures.....
But...... Trust is a choice--not a feeling.
I used to use 'trust' as an excuse to stay stuck, to keep doing what I was doing and make myself out to be the victim of not being able to 'trust' given the experiences in my life.
Yup. I do.
I trust they're doing the best they can at that given moment in time.
I don't have to like it or approve....or judge it as 'good' or 'bad'. But I really do trust folks are doing their best under whatever their circumstances are.
Now--given that, I'm not stupid.
People have agendas......as do I.
There's a purpose to what we do--every time, conscious or unconscious....we're purposeful creatures.....
But...... Trust is a choice--not a feeling.
I used to use 'trust' as an excuse to stay stuck, to keep doing what I was doing and make myself out to be the victim of not being able to 'trust' given the experiences in my life.
I'm clear if I'm in the middle of the ocean, about to go under for the last time-- I want a life preserver.
I don't care who's tossing it in my direction.
I don't care what their agenda is, how tall they are, or if their food touches on their plate!
I don't care who's tossing it in my direction.
I don't care what their agenda is, how tall they are, or if their food touches on their plate!
Toss me the freaking life preserver!!!!!!
"Excuse me--do you let your food touch?" is a non-issue.
I make the choice TO trust--and I do that over and over again.
Even when it doesn't make sense to the rest of the people around me.
And just for the record-- I do hear "why did you trust THEM!?".
I not always graced to know the power of that moment AT the moment I make the choice.
But I've come to know the power of trusting 'regardless'.
It's a way cool thing.....
It's a way loving thing.
Why would I wanna go backwards?
"Excuse me--do you let your food touch?" is a non-issue.
I make the choice TO trust--and I do that over and over again.
Even when it doesn't make sense to the rest of the people around me.
And just for the record-- I do hear "why did you trust THEM!?".
I not always graced to know the power of that moment AT the moment I make the choice.
But I've come to know the power of trusting 'regardless'.
It's a way cool thing.....
It's a way loving thing.
Why would I wanna go backwards?
5 comments:
I needed to read this...thanks for sharing your thoughts...it helped me to think about some issues of my own...hugs
Oooooo...this is a GREAT one for me because I don't immediately trust people.
And I see your point....
"I used to use 'trust' as an excuse to stay stuck, to keep doing what I was doing and make myself out to be the victim of not being able to 'trust' given the experiences in my life."
You having given me LOTS to feel about, dear lady!
So, thank you!!!
X
I agree with you here mel,
I trust first and if I'm lucky then it pays off. And if I get let down well so be it.
I'd rather that I have felt love than never to have loved at all, which fits here for me.
xx
PS lovely pic of pink blossom
Hmm... I have to think about that one. Does trust imply that you do not help guide?
Yes I do.
Post a Comment