
Having nice thoughts and only nice thoughts is a significant adventure for most of us.
Far more commonly we quietly or vocally judged every man, woman, and child in our presence.
Stopping ourselves from judging, in fact, stopping a judgment in its tracks, will reveal how swamped our thinking has been by the sometimes critical, mean-spirited side of us.
Seldom do we cultivate a quiet, peaceful mind.
Seemingly out of control, our minds race from one idea, one judgment, and one negative opinion to another one of equal harm to ourselves and the entire human community.
Perhaps we didn't realize that every thought we harbor has an impact, whether it's voiced aloud or not.
We can't lay the blame for this violent, mean world solely on others.
We've had a part in it, too.
Every time we favor a nasty thought rather than a nice thought, we add to the turmoil around us.
The good news is that we can choose between the two at will.
I will add to the tenor of the world today by my thoughts. I pray that I may choose them carefully.
3 comments:
This reminds me of a trip I took to the Medicine Wheel in the Big Horn Mountains a few years ago. I received this lesson and have used it as a healing tool since that time.
Like most good lessons, they are hard to implement at every turn, but it is a tool I can use and it has made life more peaceful for me, (and probably for the others as well).
A good reminder, as most of what the fairies say is, to walk your own walk.
Thanks.
I try so hard to have nice thoughts...have someone I know that tries to be positive, but she often talks about the negative. Have not figured out how to point it out to her without her being offended.
thanks for the reminder. . .
. . .
Post a Comment