Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh yes.....the party

"I'll fix dinner--you get wrapping paper."

Hold on. I HATE shopping. I'll fix dinner. YOU go to the store and get wrapping paper.

"You hate cooking."

I don't 'hate' cooking--I just suck at it. You go to the store, I'll cook.

"Really...it's pasta and chicken."

Yeah? So? Cook the chicken. Boil water. You go to the store, I'll cook.

"I've started dinner."

Great--all the easier! Better get goin'.....it'll get cold if you dawdle, lookin' for that wrapping paper!

"Exactly."

C'mon.....I HATE shopping. And I'm grubby and filthy and tired and I won't WANNA.....

"The Bug will be sad if she doesn't have paper to tear off her prezzies....."

Zackly....

"Go on then. To the store--don't faff about."

Faff about?! FAFF about?

"I'm putting the water on to boil."

FAFF about?!

"The Bug is counting on you."


Yes, they're wrapped.
Yes, the pasta and chicken was good--not burnt even. He was smart enough to turn off the water and wait for my return.

I tend to 'faff about' if I get anywhere NEAR the toy aisle.
And you can't go for wrapping paper for a 2 year old's birthday prezzies without going down the toy aisle JUST in case something cool got missed!

EVERYbody knows that....

5 comments:

Ron said...

"FAFF about?!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

OMG, I gotta remember that one!!!!

Tooooooo funny!

Glad to hear the past and chicken turned out good!

Happy Sunday, dear lady!

X

Anonymous G said...

I know the party will be happy and fun for the bug. Wrapping, chicken, pasta and all!!

Have a wonderous day, mel...

:)

Spadoman said...

Hmmmmmm Here at Spadoville, we would have used old newspapers, (preferabvly the funnies or the colored advertising sections), to wrap giufts for little kids to tear off.
As for the cooking, well it don't matter unless you're fussy about what you eat. I mean, if your lookin' for the gourmet meal, then let the best cook have at it, but if it's just sustenance, let the other one do it.
So, was the Bug happy? That's all that really counts.

Peace

english inukshuk said...

I'd have hopped in the bath and poured in the bubbles and left Himself to get on with the whole lot. . .

. . .mind you, I don't think I ever did that when I had a "himself" (and he'd have probably chosen the wrong paper anyhow. . .)(*winks*) when my three were little and used to have parties with a pass-the-parcel we did exactly what Spadoman's talking about

(-:

youse twose are such a great team!!

XXX

mig said...

I bet the bug was happy :)
I bet the wrapping was wonderful.
I bet the dinner was delicious.

Do I get a prize?