Thursday, February 14, 2013

N.O.W.

There's a problem in this house.

*looks around*
It becomes my problem....and it ain't MY problem.

"UHoh.....wanna add sugar to the shopping list?"

*poof!!*  Donning a coat and headed to the grocery store.

"When you're up next--can you bring me a cuppa coffee?"

*poof!!* Laptop put on the floor....coffee retrieved.

"I think the birdies are hungry--they're outta birdie food...."

*poof!!*  Book gets set down--outside birdie feeding happens!

Right.  IF you say it--it's gonna happen in record speed, NOW.
So........I tried waiting.

"Why didn't you say something?"

k.....
I tried getting un-situated, lock the brace, fumble with the crutches... and crutch my way to retrieve what's retrievable courtesy of one hand.

"You just need to tell me what you need and I'll get it, really."

k.....
I tried NOT NEEDING A DARN THING.

"Would you like me to bring your card making things into the livingroom?"

AUGHHHHH!!!!!

No!  No.  *smile*  I'd like you to relax and just remain LIT for longer than ten minutes instead of running around like a madman trying to take care of everything NOW and then..... wonder why you're so weary.

"Oh.  Am I doing that?"

YA THINK?

"So.....Would you like me to get you a cup of coffee?"

*sigh*

Tonight we're trying an experiment!  I'm holding him captive in the recliner for periods of 30 minutes.  THEN he can fetch me a cuppa coffee, feed the birdies, change the laundry, bring me new glue sticks, make popcorn -- whatEVER.

Right.....

He'll have to bring me the mousey timer FIRST, of course.  :-/

7 comments:

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Oh I think you have a wonderful Valentine sitting in that recliner! You are sooo very blessed. Receive that love and relish it. Might he-who-waits upon you have serving as his love language?

Happy Heart Day, friend!

Ron said...

Mel, you CRACK ME UP!!!!

" I'm holding him captive in the recliner for periods of 30 minutes. THEN he can fetch me a cuppa coffee, feed the birdies, change the laundry, bring me new glue sticks, make popcorn -- whatEVER."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!

((((((((((((( You )))))))))))))))))

X ya, dear lady!

Valerie said...

Oh, Mel, I loved this. Yours and mine must be made from the same yarn 'cos mine is EXACTLY like that. And yes, it can get irksome at times but we love them really and let's face it ... it could be worse.

Spadoman said...

I am nominating this fabulous human being for Sainthood, ASAP!

Peace

Carol said...

Hehehehe

LOVE this post!

C x

barb said...

Him is one good lad.
Bless him... but yes, a lot can become too much. but, I know that it is done is love for you :).

Anonymous said...

Oh.. I want some one who gets up and runs..
~sigh~
~laughing~
I suppose the timer is the only way for you to say you really care...
~grin~