Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sleeping....with Dreams......


It's not that the week hasn't been 'full'.  I've found great joys in the simple-est of things.  It's not that there've not been moments in the past week that have made my heart hurt. I've grown to be somewhat sensitive to the pain in the world.  It's that the joys, which I continue to focus on, point me in the direction of what's 'right' and 'loving'.  And the more I  set my eyes on those things, the more my heart sings.  No, I don't always 'like' what happens around me.  And I don't get to be an ostrich and stick my head in the sand--but I have a passion and a desire to bring TO the lives of others.  Staying stuck, like a duck, in the muck--isn't serving anyone.  Say it, keep moving.

So that makes the 'more of this/less of that' a tad obvious.  Leastwise it does to me.  And I know a good chunk of that 'say no to ______' is the whining and carrying on I do when I truly am willing and don't really mind the 'YES!!'.  There's also times I mind the 'YES' and I just need to 'say it and keep moving'.

Those little marching orders are huge for me.  They pop into my brain a bazillion times during the course of the day.
I've no doubt WPIML knew the impact of those wee words, the need to keep it simple, the catchiness that has far reaching effects .....He's smart like that.  And I'm not in charge of his marching orders....which is another plus in the whole deal.

Say it.  (don't undo it)  Keep moving.

It's the little things that are huge.  
And this week has been filled with them.  
From the smiles in the letters being posted to the hugs in the livingroom--and the dance in the kitchen.  *laughing*  
Choosing joy and simply shushing up and just DOING it has given more than it's taken from me.  And frankly, what's BEEN taken, needed surrendered.

More of that.....less of the ego filled permission to whine and mope and complain and do nothing to share the 'YOU MATTER' in my heart.  
The dance in the kitchen sealed it for me.  Notsomuch that I am where I need to be to dance in the check-out line at WalMart.  *laughing*  I can't even GET to WalMart at this point--but isn't that a lousy excuse to not dance?

Oh, I won't give up the whining.  *laughing*  But I won't surrender to it either.  I can say it and keep moving.
YOU MATTER.  What you do--how you feel--what you think.....who you ARE in the lives of others and in the eyes of The Great Creator--MATTERS.  You matter to me.


6 comments:

Ron said...

I LOVE reading these posts, Mel!

I intently take in all that you share and learn from it.

So, thank you.....

((((((( You ))))))

Thank you for sharing your journey!

X ya, dear lady!

Carol said...

Following you on this journey is fascinating and I'm learning (and trying) to be more tolerant along with you!

C x

Laura~Pretty Pix said...


this post
and you
are beautiful

Valerie said...

I NEEDED to read your post today, Mel. Thank you. Lessons learned.

barb said...

Awh hon, I am taking your words from the end:
" What you do--how you feel--what you think.....who you ARE in the lives of others and in the eyes of The Great Creator--MATTERS. You matter to me."

You matter to me, also.
xoxo
Your cisis has been a true learning experience.
Love, find joy and continue to BE!

mig said...

The things you pass on are so valuable and important to me.
Even when it's not about just the same subject - say it (don't undo it) keep moving is just brilliant.