This is HIS flag. No, it's NOT the Union Jack--he's English and he prefers to fly the flag of the American Red Cross. LOLOLOL
This is MY flag. No one's going to stop at the house and ask for bandaids when that sucker's waving in the wind.We moved to a street that proudly displays the American flag on every National Holiday. I admit, I'm a bit remiss at times and I've had to go back to put the flag out. Some days I don't know what day of the WEEK it is, let alone if it's a National Holiday.
His mother sent on the St. George's flag. I made a fatal error of asking if we were becoming a station for the Red Cross when it arrived.
St. George's day will arrive on the 23rd. Last year we missed it only cuz the English person in this household who SHALL remain anonymous failed to KNOW what day St. George's Day was. *rolling eyes*
I reminded him yesterday.
WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!!
Out he traipses with his little St. George's flag and down comes the good ol' stars and stripes.
I about had a heart attack.
I thought he was going to let it touch the ground--and then he went to fold it in half..the WRONG WAY.
OH Lord.....LOL WRONG! Wrongwrongwrong!
Needless to say, I folded the flag.
His is flapping in the breeze this morning.........bit early, but I think he's trying to desensitize the neighborhood to the American Red Cross flag in our front yard.
He called me a 'tosh'.
I've added bandaids to the shopping list.
;-)
2 comments:
ooh, that was weird, was commenting on your last post and then you posted this one!
listen, I'm a Brit (yeah, really) and I don't think we often call people "a tosh", we might say "tosh", as in "yah booh sucks to you" or "bah humbug" or "that's nonsense", but I've never heard anyone call anyone "a tosh"
(mind you, I've led a very sheltered and secluded life, so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about!)
whereabouts does The Brit come from, in good ole Blightly, if that's not toooooooooo personal a question?
(and using "tosh" is quite posh too, methinks!) (oh dear, I'm just diggin' myself into a huge hole here, aren't I?)
Hehe, I've heard the term. Maybe it's coz my Brit relatives *are* posh? Hmmm... the St George flag? Giggling about that. Folding the flag wrong? That gets a scolding. ;-)
Post a Comment