I probably need to pay more attention to our squirrels. I do when they're feeding themselves silly on those peanuts and seeds that I put out for the cardnials and blue jays. *grumbling*Never mind that I leave 'em their own corn--they're ill mannered critters and all they do with the corn is eat the best part and plant the rest. *shrugs* I'm guessing they're Iowa squirrels and they're farmers?
But seriously--how fat IS your squirrel?
I made the mistake of mentioning to our neighbour that we were suppose to be getting hit with snow as early as Thursday of this week--that apparently it's going to be a lonnngggggggg and cold winter.
On contraire'! LOL
He assured me it's going to be a mild winter--after all, the squirrels are skinny.
Forgive me--but I pointed it it was probably that all fruit diet they'd been on, eating his apples. *snickering*
Nope--he's spent a whole lotta time on the farm in the timber...........skinny squirrels equal a mild winter.
I, of course, couldn't wait to tell the Brit.
He promptly burst out laughing and had rather 'rude' things to say about our Iowa methods for weather predictions.
And today he sent me a link.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061010/ap_on_re_us/winter_outlook
With a note
"What a load of bull, they just looked at the squirrels really."
HA!!
*gloating*
YEAH for skinny squirrels!!
3 comments:
HIP-HIP-HOOORAY 4 the squirrels!
I soooooo want a mild winter!
I luv them! We need one this yr.
...and it makes perfectly good sense that skinny squirrels mean a mild winter! God doesn't make mistakes, and the squirrels do look a bit thin this yr..... Only time will tell!
:)
yea for skinny squirrels!
your squirrel is so purdy
we only have gery ones here
like rats with tails
if we have really purdy ones like your, I couldn't care how fat or skinny they were. . .
Post a Comment