Sunday, June 24, 2007

QOTW 6/24

On long car trips, what do you to to keep things fun?

You're kidding, right?
I confess on a regular basis that I'm an absolute terror in the Jeep.
Okay, okay......so I'm an absolute terror OUT of the Jeep.....

Himself has a little bag he's put together for me.
It used to be grabbed when we were doing 'distance' driving. I'm thinkin' he might wanna just keep the sucker in the Jeep, period. 35 minute drives to get some errands done 'in the big city' have become 'too long' to be quiet and still and cooperative.

Too often I'm getting the "Will you LEAVE that seatbelt ON, please!". (imagine the scolding tone of a mad dad--and that's about the tone himself takes TRYING to get me to stop stretching the belt over my head while I'm rambling on about the corns growing or whether or not the cows laying down in the field are tired, lazy or on strike against eating grass for ONE MORE DAY.
I've confessed before that I'm a little terrorist.....and that's not even speaking to my infamous "Oh look! A CHICKEN!!" moments.

Right then!
'The Bag' contains colourbooks, crayolas (a box of 32 AND a pack with glitter crayons AND the twisty crayons, set of 8), a clipboard, white paper in case I just wanna scribble, pencils, bubbles (don't leave home without 'em!), three little pots of playdough, a small cup (which holds the crayons one is using in the Jeeps cupholder, dontchaknow!), a pinwheel (g'head........start laughing but they're fun to watch go 'round and 'round from the Jeep's window), a bouncy ball, a bug's eye kaleidoscope, and a kazoo.... (are you feeling bad for himself yet? LOL) And we always, ALWAYS buy a bag of licorice for a roadtrip. (HIS plan for occupying my mouth with something besides incessant chatter? *snickering* 'cept I'm willing to talk with my mouth full when it's just him and me........)

Keep in mind that's the PACKED and ready to go bag.
I'm never leaving without some new, fun toy being stuffed into what's already packed.

And (I'm sure ya'll will be surprised by THIS) I'm not above whining to get a new toy, either.

:-D

9 comments:

I, Like The View said...

I have one thing to say to this (cast your mind back!)

VACHES!!!!

RubyShooZ said...

Now why doesn't this surprise me at all Mel?

I am thankful I don't have to clean up the playdough after it being in the car on a 95 degree day. I'm sure himself doesn't mind doing this though, eh?

:-)

katherine. said...

the kazoo has GOT to go. Or pack up a pair of earplugs for the Brit.

Fire Byrd said...

And he still goes out in the car with you....

Whilst your having sooo much fun is he plugged into an MP3 player or something?
px

Mel said...

*chuckling*

Oh, no MP3 player--he suffers like a good little fella. LOL

And I've been known to roll down windows and yell "HELLO, COWS!!!"
*shrugs*

They gotta get lonely out there in the fields, dontchathink?

Fire Byrd said...

Totally> that's why i do it the deers i pass every morning and they shout back hello sweetie.
px

mig bardsley said...

You must be a heap of fun to travel with!
But...a kazoo? Hmm.

Trish said...

Hehe, you sound like fun.

Hubby and I ran across these little steering wheel thingies that you can put on the back of the seat so kids in the back can "drive." Hubby said he was going to get me one too.

I saw some pinwheels today and thought about you Mel. :-)

Mel said...

OhohOH!! PINWHEELS!!!!

That's what I'll do--I'll take a pinwheel to work today.

*wondering if there's an official 'take a pinwheel to work' day--cuz there oughta be!*