Wow.I did something yesterday that I haven't done in years.
I got in the car after a bit (k.......mighta been more than a 'bit') of moaning and kvetching--leaving the house earlier than scheduled for work (which is the norm--I'll tell the truth!) and I got to the corner where I'm suppose to turn right to go up the hill to get to work........and I promptly turned left.
I'll admit as I left the house I informed the Brit: "If work calls before I get there-- tell 'em 'She's not arrived--how odd.... Hold on, maybe not! Come to think of it, she WAS carrying a beach umbrella and a map of Tahiti.......'."
Yep.
I got about 2o minutes away from work IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF WORK before I opted to turn around.
It was a "GIVE IT UP! You can't drive to Tahiti, ya dork."
*shaking head*
No fooling. I did this stuff when I was opting to not show up for Doctor's appointments cuz I wasn't wanting to deal in life and realities..........when I wasn't wanting to make decisions and be responsible.
I'd get in the car (without anyone as a support person cuz I'm that darn stubborn/prideful/DUMB) to show up for surgery or testing or some reality I didn't wanna deal with.........and I'd promptly head north instead of south.
There were couple times I made it into Chicago before I'd turn around and head back. Once I went to Minneapolis.
Brilliant mind that I have, 'if you just don't show up' then it ain't really happening (at least not THAT day!). This was my answer to 'overload'.
It got to the point that wisepersonimylife would randomly ring me 30 minutes into my hour long drive to the oncologist---"Tell me you're not on your way to Tahiti......"
I did ring wisepersoninmylife after I stopped the car yesterday(---on a gravel road, inspecting milkweek plants with butterflies galore).
I confessed that I was on my way to Tahiti.
"Really."
Yep...... What's up with THAT?!
"Bit stressed?"
Nah...... Bit avoidant, perhaps......
"Yeah, well.....show up anyway."
Don't wanna, don't wanna, don't WANNA! I don't WANNA be responsible, I don't WANNA haffta do stupid things I don't wanna do and don't see the value in...and I don't WANNA and deal with grownups who're acting worse the than children.
(g'head and imagine wisepersoninmylife roaring with laughter at THAT one!) (cuz you can darn sure bet that he did!)
Yeah, yeah......I turned the car around and made it to work.
And I was STILL EARLY!
But I'm putting that map to Tahiti in the car.
And no.....I am NOT stressed.
13 comments:
Next time you go, let me know, I'll hop in the car with you.
Ooooh, lovely, lovely Mel, don't go without me either.
Having a complete strop is just so essential sometimes.
You go girl!
I'm impressed.
px
Mmm, Tahiti sounds nice about now :)
I go to Polzeath by train
but only in my head, of course
for future reference
origin:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=iowa,+usa&daddr=&ie=UTF8&ll=41.938251,-93.389893&spn=37.269793,88.242188&t=k&z=4&om=1
destination:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=tahiti&daddr=&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=-17.690168,-149.37602&spn=0.374843,0.689392&z=11
(if there some clever trick to links in comments....call the girl...)
katherine, follow this LINK
C:)
O.K. Road map to Tahiti.....Wow...how many times....how many times...I've just wanted to warp in time to be there......Wow! Happy smiling.. laughing faces on the beach.
What? What did you say Lord? What do you mean the reason there are happy smiling faces on the beach is because what ...Lord? I didn't hear you right , Lord....The road map to Tahiti, is placed once again behind registration and insurance forms in my glove box...Wow... I never knew that the reason there are so many happy smiling faces on the beaches at Tahiti was because there's some old dumb #ss on the beach in a speedo.........Lord! Please save me from myself.
Your Brother, Lil'sis',
Reg
When I get on the M4, there's a sign that says 'Wales. The South West'
I always have a moment when I nearly point the car that way!
Glad you're not feeling stressed :)
If you make it to Chicago, let me know. :)
Oh, and Mig Bardsley ... you make me whimper. If I could drive to Wales, I would. Often.
I would too Latharia if I was allowed to :) I just don't think I could get there and back in time to make dinner!
If you go to Tahiti Mel, let us know and I'll go to Wales :)
Dinner in Wales would be good too though Mig.
MelLove,
I know the feeling about the avoiding the doctors' appointments-I've done my fair share of that in the not so distant past and almost did it recently. A couple of times lately, I actually think it would have been a wise thing for me to do!
I wonder - did you figure out exactly what it was you didn't want to be responsible for and why? The behind-the-scenes things are the ones that it's helpful for us to know so we can work on them...but you know this already.
HUGS!~
Believe me I know the I don't wanna.
And I don't wanna.
I have to go
I haven't gone
got to go
don't wanna go
better go soon tho, things will just get worse if not.
I'd rather go to Tahiti, everything will be just rosy there and nothing will be wrong and nothing will have to be fixed, right?
I say we ALL go to Wales for dinner!
Or Tahiti.
Can we have those fancy umbrella thingies in our drinks no matter where we run off to, please?
Post a Comment