Tuesday, June 26, 2007

WELL then!

The 'rule' is 'hard on ourselves, easy on others'.
That's been a wise 'rule' in my life, even if it makes little sense to the rest of the world.

See, I found it horribly easy to be hard on the rest of the world while I absolved myself from any and all responsibility.
YOU were my problem.
THEY were my problem.
The last place I looked.....was at me.
I was NOT the problem, dontchaknow!
What needed changed..... was all of YOU, all of THEM.

I did a whole lotta sitting and spinning (and a lot of damage), waiting for the world around me (and all the human beings on the planet) to wake up and smell the coffee.
Mad the whole time--cuz if ya'll would just WISE UP and do it MY WAY...


*rolling eyes*
Yeah, well, thank GOODNESS none of you listened! LOL

I've learned to look in my own backyard.
(And boy......has that taken a whole lot of effort from the folks around me to get me to actually DO.)
But I have learned to look here.......in me.
That's where I can do the changing.

The rest of you..........will get to catch up, if you so desire. ;-)

But growing is required.
Forward moment is required.
Staying 'stuck like a duck in the muck' is disallowed. (well, I WAS assured that I can "stay there as long as you wanna stay there".....go figure...... Geeze, and I hadn't quite reached that 'stuck in the muck' stage, even!)

I won't.
Cuz there's nothing good to be gained by simply being stuck in the muck.
Absolutely 'bugger all'!!

Ya know, it's taken me a lifetime to end up here--getting an opportunity to do it different and to have different. And I do have different today.
My worst day today far exceeds my best day from all those yesterdays.
And I'm graced--oh BOY do I know I'm graced.

Sooooo.....Today, I'm spending my energy celebrating what's good and true in this deal with himself.

I've put my sticky note back on the mirror. (see what happens when you take the darn thing down!!!!!!) (yes, I've now resorted to blaming the missing sticky note! LOL)
And outta love, I'll refrain from playing the kazoo in the Jeep!
Yep.
I won't do it.

But that's JUST for today, mindyou. ;-)
(be afraid about what I'll do instead! LOL)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if being hard on yourself means that you have to be hard on others? That is, what if moving forward meant you had to move people out of the way? C:)

Mel said...

Had to do that more than once, Mr. A.

It meant moving them as gently as I could muster, with as much dignity and grace that I could summon up....and I got to make it clear that it was about ME, not them.....even when I wanted to blame and yell and scream and probably coulda had the whole world cheering me on, telling me I was 'entitled'.

*sigh*
I wasn't.