Saturday, April 10, 2010

Naughty word alert!!!

Yeah, well.....

The good news is, they're slow moving when they wake up from their long winter nap.
The bad news is, they're slightly confused and think people are flowers. Do they even DO flowers?......ask me if I care......
The worser news is one decided to visit me on the patio yesterday.....while I was mindin' my own business, doing my own thing.....not bothering a soul. Just sittin' and chattin' and generally being chilled out.

THANK G-D I was chilled out when himself mentioned the wasp!
On.My.ARM.

....just walkin' around, doing its thing......being all waspy like.

I thought blowing on it while I refrained from outwardly panicking was a good plan.
Hung.On.For.Dear.Life.

Getitoffgetitoffgetitoff......

And he thought sitting still, letting it bob its rearend while it walked on my arm was a good plan?!

Oh nononono...I thought blowing harder, preparing to stupidly flick it while jumping from the swing AND DOING A DEAD RUN for the house was wiser.

I executed my plan.

And today--I'm executing the one who said "It's just a little wasp......"

4 comments:

Spadoman said...

Fucking wasp!

You started it!

I, Like The View said...

erm, I've always wondered - what exactly is the purpose of a wasp?

or an f*ing wasp even. . .

just askin'

Unknown said...

OMG, you are so much better than me!! I would have freaking panicked!!..

Love how you told the story...

Lia said...

I love that poster.
Sensible advice, but not if you are really freaked out by them I'm guessing every fibre of your being wants to do the opposite.

Maybe you could get some of those wasps traps like the glass ones. To hang on the porch by the swing.
My youngest is highly allergic to insect stings so we must be very careful with him and we have these.
They work very well provided they are emptied often....a job for himself perhaps.

much love
Lia
xx