Friday, April 09, 2010

Today's Thought


What promise can you make to yourself today? What promise can you make to yourself, and keep?
You have made, and will continue to make, all sorts of commitments to others. If those commitments are to have any value, you must also be committed to yourself.

It's not the least bit selfish to be committed to yourself. Because being your absolute best, is what enables you to be of service to others.

6 comments:

Lia said...

"It's not the least bit selfish to be committed to yourself. Because being your absolute best, is what enables you to be of service to others"

How very true is this. Although I often find it hard to commit to myself, there are just not enough hours or days of the week at times.
Still it's certainly worth thinking about.

much love
Lia
xx

Spadoman said...

I agree, very true, that statement Lia quoted.
I started my day here with this thought and will promise to remember it and live it today, one day at a time.

Thanks Fairies.

Thanks Mel

((((((((Mel))))))))

Peace to you and all you hold dear.

I, Like The View said...

brilliant

the simple ones always are

(not that it's simple)(is it?)

Mel said...

Simple--just not always 'easy'.

Leastwise that's what I'm told. And like every human being on the planet, I've been known to complicate the simple. *sigh*

Pamela said...

Yep.

Ron said...

"Because being your absolute best, is what enables you to be of service to others.'

AMEN.

Taking care of you, enables more taking care of others.

Thanks fairies!

Thanks Mel!

X